Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahtnamas33 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 01:36 PM
    Faulty billing from MD office to insurance
    My daughter had 2 visits to her pediatricians office last year while my husband and I both had insurance through different companies. We had received mail stating there was a problem with the insurance and I had called the office to ask, left messages with no reply. We then had no further letters or phone calls, and (wrongly) assumed the problem had been taken care of. After a move to another state and two different houses later, we realized both of these bills had been sent to collections. In my process of cleaning up the mess, I discovered that the doctors office had billed the wrong insurance company first, which started the entire mishap. Through the grace of God and *many* months of phone calls, was able to have the bill satisified by the proper insurance company to the pediatricians office. My question now is, how do I get out of paying this collections agency? It wasn't our fault the office billed the wrong insurance company first. I even have a list of her entire record of visits that shows she had a visit prior to the two in question where insuracnce protocol was properly followed and insurance paid with no issues. Any help?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 01:47 PM

You seem to have problems with two sets of Pediatricians - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/health...de-577061.html

Has this Physician's bill been paid or not been paid by an insurance company? The "get out of paying this collections agency" question confuses me. If the bills are paid there is no balance for the collection agency to collect. You notify the agency that it's been paid and send the paperwork to them.

I think these threads should be combined.
    ahtnamas33 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Both visits were to the same pediatricians office, and both bills were from the pediatricians office. Both bills have been satisfied by insurance, but now the question of the collections fees from the collections agency remains (I should have clarified). There is over $100 dollars of collected interest on the account from when we had no idea there was a problem until I requested a 'hold' be placed on the account from accruing interest due to insurance issues (at the time). The collections agancy is adament (of course) that it's my responsibility, and I'm unsure of how to get the pediatricians office to cover this interest fee since they dropped the ball in the first place.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 20, 2011, 02:19 PM

I wouldn't get them to cover it. I'd get them to write a letter to drop the charge. The Pediatrician should be able to explain the mix up.

If not I'd write the cc myself, explain the circumstances, include your proof. They may follow you around for a while but it's worth the try.

And I'd be furious!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dental Billing and Insurance Issue [ 1 Answers ]

SOme background: In 2004 I cracked a tooth and had a crown put on it. At the time I didn't have insurance and I paid cash for it. In 2009 I chipped the crown. I had moved 1500 miles so was unable to go back to the original dentist. I find a dentist, go in, give them my insurance...

Health insurance-billing [ 1 Answers ]

The NP asked me to pay 500 dollars out of pocket for my check up. But my health care provider told me that I'm totally covered and need not pay. When I asked for a copy of my billing statement , the billing assistant from the clinic cannot give me any and told me that she will be calling but never...

Medical Insurance Billing [ 5 Answers ]

How can a nurse practitioner see patients and bill all claims under the physicians billing information. The NP has provider numbers. Is there anyway this is correct or is there any exception. Even many times he's playing golf and not supervising the NP. Please help Thank you in advance

Insurance and physician fee dispute-physician billing me the difference [ 1 Answers ]

My son had emergency surgery and his insurance paid the surgeon the physician provider fee because the surgeon (who is not a provider in our HMO) was on-call for a provider physician according to the Tax ID on the physician's claim to the HMO. The physician is billing my son $700, the difference...

Billing a patient if auto insurance did not pay the medical claim in full [ 2 Answers ]

Can a health care provider bill a patient for any balance after the motor vehicle insurance has not paid in full.

View more questions Search