Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 06:15 AM
    Field of study
    I need help looking for online classes but I am not sure were to look... I want to study for nusreing but I want to work with newborn baby's at a hospital or become a ob/gyn what field of study would have to get into?:confused: hat online school or classes can I get into with fin. Aid
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 06:17 AM

You will never be able to practice with a strict online degree. Classes in person with clinicals at a local hospital/facility are required in most areas. Also, you will have to learn ALL areas of nursing before settling on newborns or ob/gyn.

Take it from me, I am an OB/GYN and newborn nurse.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2011, 04:13 PM

University of Phoenix has a Nursing program with some or all classes that can be taken online. I have added their website so you can check it out.

Their website is: Online College Degree Programs - Online School - University of Phoenix
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2011, 01:56 AM
    There are schools that offer online nursing courses. Their requirements may vary in terms of residency and practicum location. This website has a listing of top online nursing schools which may meet your interests and needs.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2011, 05:08 AM

Take the advice from the RN who posted. This question is asked frequently. EVERY field of nursing REQUIRES hands on experience. Many hospitals will not even allow that patient care experience without classroom study. They will NOT accept on line courses.

Check very carefully before you spend any money on on line courses.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2011, 05:41 AM

There are online courses, of course, but you will have to do your clinicals in an actual hospital. One of the LPN's I work with just went through one of these online schools. The clinicals are VERY expensive and you have to travel to a facility that is approved by that hospital. Travel and hotel are not included in the costs. And these colleges are harder, by far, to pass than an actual in-person college is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best field of study for me? [ 3 Answers ]

These are my characteristics: very patient and forbearing, careful about small points, and I always pay attention to details , I don't know what field of study is best for me in university.

Which field of study? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to be a Spanish professor one day. In my postgraduate studies, would it be wiser to study Spanish linguistics or Spanish literature? I enjoy both subjects, but I am unsure about which would be more desired by a university later.

View more questions Search