Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geminii Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
    tattoo question
    for the people that have tattoos. Do you love it? Do you plan to keep it? Do you regret getting it? And has anyone had laser removal? How were the effects. Is there scarring?

do you think people treat you differently once they see your tattoo...

sorry about the hiroshima of questions. I want one!! With sentimental significance of course =) but I'm afraid when I'm older and get to have a family/ grandmother status, ill regret it.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 26, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Consider what you want and where you will place it, will it be visible to employers. A tattoo is already a scar with ink in it, but if you want it to turn out great it needs to be taken care of while it is healing; it will scab over, that's normal, and scarring after laser surgery all depends on how much of a tattoo you got in the first place.

To answer your other questions, I regret mine. Thai symbol for 'Passion' on my left shoulderblade. Its very small, I just wish it were something better or not there at all.

That's the lovely thing about piercings; you can take them out whenever you want.:)
    westtexascon Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by geminii
    for the people that have tattoos. do you love it? do you plan to keep it? do you regret getting it? and has anyone had laser removal? how were the effects. is there scarring?

do you think people treat you differently once they see your tattoo...

sorry about the hiroshima of questions. i want one!!! with sentimental significance of course =) but i'm afraid when im older and get to have a family/ grandmother status, ill regret it.
    I truly love all the tattoos I have but do suggest you take your time in getting what you want with you for the rest of your life. People do not look at me no different with them then they did without them. Tattoos are a part of our society now days so just go with what you feel and not what others tell you in this matter for it's you not them that's getting the tattoo. Be ready for some pain though because they do hurt some and if they tell you different their lying. Good luck!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Yes, some people look at you a bit different - but you know it is a lot about the tattoo - if you have something like flower or angel or fairy on your forearm, no big deal. Show up with something that covers your whole arm or more, is violent in nature - yes, people are going to look. You might expect that and just learn to let it roll off your back. And, you know also, that some people just like to look and stare like you are the first person they ever saw. No getting around that. I just stare back.

I did have a tattoo once - I was 18 and madly in love and got a matching tattoo of my fiance's. It was a tattoo of his club. I had it removed before I got married (not to him, lol) and that was painful and left a scar. But since then I have had another laser surgery on it and it has faded quite a bit. NO desire ever to get another tattoo, unless it could be a "DNR" on my chest.
    PunkRockHer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 07:52 PM
    I have several tattoos. I have created my own so they are one of a kind which helps me to not regret them. I find them addicting. To a lot of us, the urge does not stop so be aware of that. Mine are also all easily hidden.

I must say that people look at you with a little more swag when they know you have tattoos as long as its not a disney character. For me being female, when I do choose to put in the piercings and wear clothing that shows my tattoos it is liberating. I have always been a wild child though so I like the attention I get from them. I was also smart enough to think them out clearly as I do have a very professional job and am able to hide them easily. I am an undercover tattoo and piercing addict, most of my colleagues would not know that though. That is something you want to think about, the ability to hide them when it is faux-pas to show them.

When you get old and grandma status, will you be showing that much of your body anyway? I think not, I think the 2 inch zipper jeans will be replaced with elastic pants lol. Don't be afraid of what it will look like when you are 50 to 80. It will be the least of your worries at that point.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2007, 08:55 PM
    I have always wanted to get a tattoo for myself as well. For example: Religious symbol on one arm and my sons name and birth on the other.

I have many family members with tattoos up and down there arms. Do people look at you differently they sure do. They do judge people. There are some people that just love tattoos but then there are others that absolutely hate them.

I will tell you a story, I was in a Chinese all you can it buffet with a family member. It was on a Sunday. There was this big church group there. I could see them looking over and I could hear them talk about tattoos. Another time the same group I think complained about us. We were moved into a hidden area of the restaurant so my family members tattoos would not bother the church folk.

That is just an example of something that I experienced with a family member.

If you feel it is right for you and you feel comfortable getting a tattoo then by all means it is your decision to make. Remember though there will be some that think its cool and there may be some who judge you for it, but if you are comfortable with yourself and your esteem is high you won't let any of that bother you, right?

Joe
    electricfrank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
    I recently got two tattoos, I got them for my 48th birthday. I had two ideas and after getting one, I liked it so much that I got the other one done. I love them because both have meaning to me, I have them on my upper arms so I can cover them when I want to or for work. I am already thinking about more. You should draw out or find something you like and print it out, if you look at it for two months and always want it then go for it.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 21, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Have 7, was a time when I wished two weren't there, but they are. Found new meaning for them and sometimes even forget that I have them.
    tattoobody Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Before you get a tattoo, you should know what you are doing... the ink is permanent !

-------------------
    Tattoobody.org - a comprehensive, informative exploration of the colorful world of tattoos. Whether choosing a personally significant tattoo, wanting to learn more about a symbol, or simply being interested in tattoos as a form of art and body modification, you will discover the richness of tattoo designs and culture in TattooBody.org - A Reference on Tattoo Guide, Tattoo Designs, Tattoo Symbol & Meaning, Tattoo Photos Gallery and Tattoo History
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

Mar 6, 2008, 11:51 AM
    There is the possibility of regrett with any decision, and your first tattoo should never be impulsive, but they are hardly the social stigma they once were, I get crap about mine every once in a while, but it never bothers me, the only time I felt bad was when a friend of mine saw one and got upset becous she was a haulocoust survivor. But I have 8 tattoos and have no imidiate plans to stop, but I would recommend starting with something small to see if you like it and stay above the shirt sleave line at first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dragon tattoo [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a picture of a dragon tattoo for my arm. I want the dragon tail to start at my wrist and the dragon to wrap itself around my arm 2-3 times with it's head on my shoulder to cover a poorly done tattoo on my shoulder. Anyone have any idea of where I can find such a picture? I have...

Bow tattoo [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone!! :) I need a picture with a bow tattoo, I seen one on nicole richie's neck and I loved it. But I don't want the exact copy of it so maybe someone has something like that!? Here is the picture of nicole's tattoo http://b.foto.radikal.ru/0605/0017fa11654b.jpg

Chinese tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, a friend of mine wants to tattoo chinese letters saying "only best is good enough". Does anyone knows how is that written in chinese? Thanks.

Mandala tattoo [ 0 Answers ]

So I am thinking of a mandala tattoo, any ideas for interior design or body placement? I kind of like the idea of above and to the side of my hip, but probably the best place for the tat would be on my mid to lower back... but that's so cliché. Ideas?

Butterfly tattoo [ 2 Answers ]

I have looked on the internet and found thousands of butterfly tattoos but I have not come across very many that I like. I am looking for small to medium butterfly tattoo's with a tribal design around or behind it to put on my lower leg or shoulder.. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or...

View more questions Search