Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 11:26 PM

I noticed. I just didn't bother itemizing. Note that OP has a 4.0 grade average and is "highly educated". Wonder who set that standard - also wonder how the 2.0's "rite" and spell.

- Hard to believe there are complaints about the standard of education in the US today!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 19, 2011, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post

- Hard to believe there are complaints about the standard of education in the US today!

It's usually not the standard of education. It most often is the lack of effort on the student's part. I have no doubt that this young person knows how to spell more accurately, but chooses to fall into a mixture of chat/ text speak and laziness.

Just throwing that out there... ;)
    Uber Member

May 19, 2011, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    It's usually not the standard of education. It most often is the lack of effort on the student's part. I have no doubt that this young person knows how to spell more accurately, but chooses to fall into a mixture of chat/ text speak and laziness.

Just throwing that out there......;)

You could very well be "rite."
    nevergolet2 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2011, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes we have the "rite" ok right to correct spelling, the mis-use of spelling, along with your refusal to admit any wrong is showing us a trend in your mind set of where the problem really is, and it is YOU.

This was not an emergency, and nothing that your MOM could do on the cell phone to you, if you mom wanted to do something ( and I hope she would not) she could call and arrange a talk with that teacher in the future.

And no you don't have a lot of rights in school, the teacher makes the rules for the class, as long as they do not violate school and school board policy, And even then YOU don't have any rights, except to report it to your parents that evening and allow them over the next days or weeks, discuss it with the school.

You have a bad attitude, think too highly of yourself and need a good kick in the rear to teach you respect. Your parents have failed you greatly. I hope the school will do that job.
    OK that was uncalled for, you have no rite to say my parents have "failed me" they are probably the best parents on the earth you have no rite to tell me that. My dad works full time so does my mom, three years ago my dad had a stroke, got his eye hit by a rock that was thrown out from a lawn mower. Almost lost his eye. Then two years ago me my dad and mom went to disney world for my birthday. My mom got swine flu, strepth throat and doable pneumonia. She was on a vinalator for a month. I almost lost my dad and mom. But thank god I didn't. We went from a six bedroom 4 bath house to a two bedroom two bath apt. because my mom lost her job. So I had to change schools. This year has been really bad. I recently lost my best friend in a car wreck and at the school I go to now I have no friends what's ever its been 4 months since I've hung out with any friends. My parents have put a roof over my head and food on the table. So don't you dare tell me that my parents have "failed" me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2011, 07:30 PM

So life it tough, but you sound like a spoiled brat to me, who needs to understand life does not circle you and your needs.
    You need to learn that rules are not only the exact wording but the intent of them. You knew not to use a cell phone at school and did, for really no good reason what so ever.

I would expect your parents to support the school and further punish you, if not, yes they are failing you.

And you, unless I missed it have not said what position your parents are taking in this, since only they can or should be able to get the phone.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 19, 2011, 08:25 PM

Supporting you and putting a roof over your head are just part of being a parent. But your attitude and disrespect for authority and rules, is not, what I suspect, your parents taught you. And in that respect they have failed you.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2011, 07:38 AM

Your parents HAVE failed you. You are in trouble at school, you have no friends, you have no respect for authority.

Being a good parent is not about your standard of living, it's about your value system.

Maybe you make things up to appear different than you really are. After all that was said about the way you butcher the English language you post that your mother had "doable" pneumonia.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2011, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergolet2 View Post
    ok that was uncalled for, you have no rite to say my parents have "failed me" they are probably the best parents on the earth you have no rite to tell me that. my dad works full time so does my mom, three years ago my dad had a stroke, got his eye hit by a rock that was thrown out from a lawn mower. almost lost his eye. then two years ago me my dad and mom went to disney world for my birthday. my mom got swine flu, strepth throat and doable pneumonia. she was on a vinalator for a month. i almost lost my dad and mom. but thank god i didnt. we went from a six bedroom 4 bath house to a two bedroom two bath apt. because my mom lost her job. so i had to change schools. this year has been really bad. i recently lost my best friend in a car wreck and at the school i go to now i have no friends whats ever its been 4 months since iv hung out with any friends. my parents have put a roof over my head and food on the table. so dont you dare tell me that my parents have "failed" me.
    Your mom lost her job, but you still have a cell phone? Can anyone say "spoiled"?

I'm surprised that no one else picked up on where the issue started: OP was talking in class - first show of disrespect towards authority. When the teacher reprimanded her, OP tried "explaining" why she was talking in class - second show of disrespect towards authority. Teacher told her to be quiet. OP wanted to go to the principal and/or guidance counselor and teacher said no; OP feels she was wronged in that aspect - third show of disrespect("You won't give me my way, I'll go over your head.") OP then lied to her superior - fourth show of disrespect - in order to call her mommy and complain that the teacher was being mean; OP classifies this as an "emergency" which it is not, by any stretch of the imagination.

Bottom line: OP violated school policy, deserved to lose the phone, no grounds for a lawsuit.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2011, 08:44 AM

And don't forget - the teacher being mean was an emergency. (Out of greenies!)
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2011, 08:46 AM
    You missed it, Judy ;)

Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Your mom lost her job, but you still have a cell phone? Can anyone say "spoiled"?

I'm surprised that no one else picked up on where the issue started: OP was talking in class - first show of disrespect towards authority. When the teacher reprimanded her, OP tried "explaining" why she was talking in class - second show of disrespect towards authority. Teacher told her to be quiet. OP wanted to go to the principal and/or guidance counselor and teacher said no; OP feels she was wronged in that aspect - third show of disrespect("You won't give me my way, I'll go over your head.") OP then lied to her superior - fourth show of disrespect - in order to call her mommy and complain that the teacher was being mean; OP classifies this as an "emergency" which it is not, by any stretch of the imagination.

Bottom line: OP violated school policy, deserved to lose the phone, no grounds for a lawsuit.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 20, 2011, 08:51 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    and "vinalator." I weep
    Ah! "ventilator". I couldn't figure it out the first time I read it. Thought it was a piece of medical equipment I had never hear of.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2011, 09:15 AM

It's my understanding that a ventilator is used when a person has double pneumonia.

When it's doable pneumonia a vinalator is prescribed.

I'm weeping right along with WG.

May 20, 2011, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    You missed it, Judy ;)
    Somehow I missed post #11 in this thread, where the OP explained what had happened. After reading that I found it appalling that she would think this was an emergency. I suspect this is a child who had it good for most of her life and now that her parents are feeling the pinch is not coping well with the change in circumstances.

I also find it appalling that someone who claims a straight A solid 4.0 GPA, would be so terrible about her native language. A few typos or shortcuts I could understand, but this goes beyond that.

And the final straw was asking to be treated like an adult. So I will say to you, Nevergolet2, that you will be treated like an adult when you act like one. So far, you haven't come close.

May 20, 2011, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Somehow I missed post #11 in this thread, where the OP explained what had happened. After reading that I found it appalling that she would think this was an emergency. I suspect this is a child who had it good for most of her life and now that her parents are feeling the pinch is not coping well with the change in circumstances.

I also find it appalling that someone who claims a straight A solid 4.0 GPA, would be so terrible about her native language. A few typos or shortcuts I could understand, but this goes beyond that.

And the final straw was asking to be treated like an adult. So I will say to you, Nevergolet2, that you will be treated like an adult when you act like one. So far, you haven't come close.
    The whole class was talking the only talking I was doing was when someone unplugged my computer. I said stop. One word and I get in trouble. I was saying it as an emergency because the teacher was was going to rite me up for trying to tell him what happened. Everyone was laughing and telling him to suspend me. I was finally tired enough of this stuff to do something. I've been so overwhelmd. I couldn't handle it because even though this is such a little thing there has been bigger things that have happened before it and they have all been piling up. And my parents are wonderful parents. They don't deserve to be talked about like this. You don't know what my family has been threw. So please don't say rude things such as they have "failed" me. This year has been really hard on me. And them I'm really not a spoiled brat.. I take time out of my weekends to help with special needs kids. Every weekend. Me and my mom help with the clean up projects for our community. I'm sorry I have miss spelled stuff. I just like to not care what I miss spell after coming home from school. I asked a question and you people have obviously answered it along with some very rude and hateful remarks.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2011, 05:57 AM

Oh, I see. You have one standard of speaking and writing in school (where you have a 4.0) and another outside of school?

Anyone who discusses you and your family does so based on info YOU posted. Want the conversation to stop? Drop the subject.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2011, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergolet2 View Post
    the whole class was talking the only talking i was doing was when someone unplugged my computer. i said stop. one word and i get in trouble. i was saying it as an emergency because the teacher was was going to rite me up for trying to tell him what happened. everyone was laughing and telling him to suspend me. i was finally tired enough of this stuff to do something. iv been so overwhelmd. i couldn't handle it because even tho this is such a little thing there has been bigger things that have happened before it and they have all been piling up. and my parents are wonderful parents. they dont deserve to be talked about like this. you dont know what my family has been threw. so please dont say rude things such as they have "failed" me. this year has been really hard on me. and them im really not a spoiled brat.. i take time out of my weekends to help with special needs kids. every weekend. me and my mom help with the clean up projects for our community. im sorry i have miss spelled stuff. i just like to not care what i miss spell after coming home from school. i asked a question and you people have obviously answered it along with some very rude and hateful remarks.
    You're missing the point. The teacher told you to be quiet; you did not. THAT is why you were going to get written up. Nobody gives a rat's royal heiney if "the whole class was talking" - your teacher told you to stop and you were defiant. You were wrong, this is your consequence. Get off the pity train already.

And I'm having a hard time swallowing the idea that your brain shuts down "after coming home from school" to the point where you are unable to properly spell the most simple of words. Someone with your alleged GPA shouldn't have this many issues with remembering the difference of "threw/through."

I also missed any "hateful" remarks. Some were blunt, sure - not necessarily rude. But I saw nothing hateful on this thread.

May 21, 2011, 06:07 AM

I stand by what I've said. I'm not saying your parents are not good parents or they have not gone through rough times. But the fact is that you come across here as someone who feels rules don't completely apply to you. And in that attitude they have failed you.

Someone who has worked to maintain a 4.0 average would be proud of their abilities and would not want to appear as lazy and literacy challenged outside of school as you have.

And yes we have been blunt, but not hateful. The truth sometimes hurts and you need to understand that.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 21, 2011, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Ah! "ventilator". I couldn't figure it out the first time I read it. Thought it was a piece of medical equipment I had never hear of.
    Actually, there is such a thing. It's an I-pad/ I-phone ap for measuring surgar content in wine, apparently.

May 21, 2011, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Actually, there is such a thing. It's an I-pad/ I-phone ap for measuring surgar content in wine, apparently.
    OK well thanks for the answers and comments. Nothing more is needed.

May 21, 2011, 01:21 PM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to transfer contacts from cell phone to cell phone [ 2 Answers ]

I have new cel phone from cricket I need to transfer phone contacts from tmobile to cricket phone I tried blue tooth but it ask me for a code I didn't know a code

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

Ex's Mom wants to sue me over Cell-phone bill. [ 2 Answers ]

My ex and I were together for 3 years. I finally moved out in May 2007 after breaking up a few times(all the while living together) because he had cheated on me. Today, I received an email from his new wife(I wasn't even aware he had gotten married.. since May 08. Nor have I ever met her). Saying I...

School and Cell Phone Policies [ 23 Answers ]

Is it legal for the principal to go through your phone and look at all the text messages and the phone book etc? K here's how it happened: On Monday March 31st I got my cell phone taken away because Trevor (bf) handed it to me in class and then I put it in my pocket and the teacher saw it, so...

View more questions Search