Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

May 17, 2011, 07:53 AM
    Tipping at hotels
    How much tip should I give the bellhop at a 4-star hotel? I don't want to give more without coming off as a cheapskate?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 17, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alethia312 View Post
    How much tip should I give the bellhop at a 4-star hotel? I don't want to give more without coming off as a cheapskate?
    Hello A:

Give him a dollar or two per bag.

excon
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2011, 09:39 AM

I agree... If I have just one or two bags, I'll give him $2. If I get to three to five (travelling with my family for example), I'll give him a $5 and if I have a lot of stuff, for example if I'm travelling on business and have a portable trade show booth and other junk like boxes, I tip higher - $10 to $20. Generally $1 per bag is customary, but that's a very old custom so $2 is well appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tipping [ 9 Answers ]

So I am now three weeks away from my wedding. We have everything lined up. I am hoping for nice weather as I am having at my brothers home. We have a tent but I am hoping the weather is nice so we do not have to use the sides.The ceremony and dinner reception are at the same location. The...

Tipping in Salons [ 1 Answers ]

So normally when I get my hair cut I leave a decent tip (I have really long hair) but this time when I'm going to the salon I'm getting a haircut, chemical treatments, and I am also getting my eyebrows shaped. The haircut is about $60, the chemical treatment is about $25, and the eyesbrows are...

Is tipping mandatory? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi all, I hope this thread is in the right place. Here's my question; I ordered pizza today, I wanted it delivered to my house, so I paid the extra $3.00 charge for the privilege. I also wanted to pay cash, I had exactly $27.00 on me, and the total came to $26.78. Now, I usually do tip...

Tipping etiquette [ 8 Answers ]

Okay, I need some help clearing up a debate. What is the "proper" etiquette when tipping for services such as provided by an owner of a company versus just an employee of the company? Do you tip more or less when the owner of the company is providing the service? I think you would tip the...

Tipping [ 6 Answers ]

Should I tip the guy installing carpet at my house. If so, how much? He doesn't own the business, he's the installer for the company from which I purchased the carpet.

View more questions Search