Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knightwolfpk Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2011, 07:03 AM
    How to change the bios of DH55PJ Motherboard
    Hello, I currently own the following Intel system,

Operating System System Model
    Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States)

Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a
    3.07 gigahertz Intel Core i3 540
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    4096 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Hyper-threaded (4 total)

Main Circuit Board b
    Board: Intel Corporation DH55PJ AAE93812-302
    Serial Number: BTPJ10800DUH
    Bus Clock: 533 megahertz
    BIOS: Intel Corp. TCIBX10H.86A.0037.2010.0614.1712 06/14/2010

I want to know that how can I change the BIOS from 32bit to 64bit. Also I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, can I install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit over it without effecting the programmes that I have installed on my system.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2011, 02:56 PM

You should not change the Bios to 64-bit. Usually it is your operating system that is either 64-bit or 32-bit... given that your processor supports 64-bit, which yours does. You should just be able to install Windows 7 64-bit... however, you cannot go from 32-bit to 64-bit without being forced to do a full install.

If you decide to switch to 64-bit, you will need to backup everything that you want to keep. And then once you are done, you will have to re-install all of your programs/games/ect.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 19, 2011, 04:18 PM

The latest BIOS for the DH55PJ board is version 0046 available from the download center in the support section of Intel's website. The release notes describe changes and fixes since your 0037 version. Decide if any warrant a BIOS upgrade. 64-bit Win7 drivers for motherboard devices are available from the download center too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motherboard came from? [ 1 Answers ]

I was given this light brown and light ornge colored M.B. that says P4SD(or O)-LA. Any idea what it came out of?not much else on it (it has a : mPGA478B).I need to look up the manual on it.HELP! PLEASE!

HP motherboard BIOS updates [ 6 Answers ]

Im trying to download this update for my computer http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&product=1821850&lang=en&softwareitem=pv-39981-1 But it keeps giving me this error message Unable to update system BIOS (9) Please try again, if the error...

Motherboard... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I wonder how to find out if my motherboard is ATX or not, cause I'm buying an new midi tower for my PC and I wonder if my current motherboard will fit in to it...

Motherboard [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one help with my new motherboard? I have bought a MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard and AMD 2.4 XP,1G DDR Ram,80G HHD but when I put all this together and boot it up all, I got was blank screen becase it didn't autodetect my CPU at 133MHz and I can't set it up manually because there no jumper...

View more questions Search