Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    q0987 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 07:42 PM
    Will this behavior damage my house structure?
    Hello,

One of the guys living in my house believes that by hitting the back-shoulder against the wall 20-minute per day can improve the back. Although each hit is not that hard, but I really worry about that this behavior in the long run can damage my house because the house is built with
    Wood rather than concrete.

Can some experts here give me some advisor?

http://www.56.com/u88/v_NDM5OTMwMzc.html at 01:10 illustrates what I mean.

Thank you very much
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 16, 2011, 07:45 PM

What is your interior made from, drywall?

May 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
    Hello ballengerb1,

It is made from drywall.

Sometimes she hits the drywall, and other time she hits the supporting frame[the square pole]

Thank you

May 16, 2011, 07:52 PM

An adult hitting drywall squarely between the studs will crack the drywall like a wallnut. Tell him to try the floor instead or a door frame. Has he always been like this?

May 16, 2011, 07:54 PM
    Hello ballengerb1,

Yes, she does this everyday.

One more question, if she hits the supporting wall of the house, will this damage the house structure?

Thank you

May 16, 2011, 07:57 PM

I don't think she can damage the actual structural integrity of the home but she will eventually damage the drywall. Initially you said 'Guy" but now she, doesn't really matter but roughly what is the weight of the person?

May 16, 2011, 07:59 PM
    Hello ballengerb1,

She weights less than 100LB.

The problem is that she doesn't believe what I say to her. She always says that this action will be fine.

Thank you again

May 16, 2011, 08:03 PM

Can't help much with that kind of person because I'd toss them out on their ear if it was my home. Just tell her you consulted a home remodeling expert who said to stop immediately because she will cause cracks in the drywall, create nail pops and cause unnecassary damage to your home which could result in her finding new lodging elsewhere

May 16, 2011, 08:14 PM
    Thank you very much
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2011, 08:16 PM

First this is far from normal behavior, if she wants to ram herself ( or his self) into something, go outside to a tree, or build a specific support just for that.

If they hit the drywall , it will easily break, I can punch though it with my hand with no trouble.

Depending on the frame, that specific stud or support could little by little perhaps cause it to be loose but I doubt it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Draw a flowchart showing a decision structure and sequence structure [ 2 Answers ]

In my computer programming class, I need to draw a flowchart shpwing a decision structure and a sequence structuee.

House had structure problems before buying [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a home 7 years ago with owner holding mortgage now I wanted to get a bank mortgage and can't get one because the structure of the house is in bad shape, the beams are rotting away and I got an estimate of 11,000 to fix and the roof has 3 layers and needs to be replaced I have put 2 new...

Dogs won't stop peeing in house and behavior changes [ 2 Answers ]

We own two dogs. One is named Bear, she is a 9 month old flat coat retriever. We adopted her from a fellow college student back in December. The other dog we named Foxie and she is a two year old retirever mix we adopted from the humane society about a month ago. We made sure the two dogs got...

New house, new baby, dog's behavior changed [ 4 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house, and are expecting a new baby in a couple months. Our mini-daschund has been acting different lately - hiding under beds, won't get in her crate when I tell her to, and I have to stand next to her so she eats. She has to be by my side at all times (more than usual)....

Fire Damage to House [ 5 Answers ]

An apartment building housing 3 families caught on fire next door to a house that I own and collapsed and burned to the ground. According to the final fire report, the cause of the fire cannot be determined. There was extensive damage to my house, and it is considered a total loss. The owner of...

View more questions Search