Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confuzzledmonkey Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Too young?
    I'm 11 and "well developed" lots of guys and girl in my year started asking each other out about 1 1/2 years ago, I was asked out once and found it was boring because our parents wouldn't let us meet up anywere and I was dumped a few days later. Now its more interesting as many of my friends have boyfriends and buy each other gifts and meet up and I feel really left out. There's a guy I know that really likes me, We've been friends for ages and I don't want to be any more, and there's another friend who I really like but I don't know if he likes me.

HELP
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
    YES! Too young. BUT, it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Don't rush this. Don't worry about it. The parents are 100% right. You have ALL the in the world to worry about this. How about waiting until your like 19?

For now work harder AT SCHOOL!! That's the most important thing in the world for you now. SCHOOL!!

And other activities.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
    11 and you are worried about dating. At age eleven, isn't one still in grade six? At the most, perhaps the first year of middle school. That is far too young to start "dating". Emotionally, you are not prepared for that responsibility. You can take this time and relax enjoying your friends doing more group activities with them and socialization without the pressure of having to pair off with someone and date. Dating comes soon enough, although you do not want to hear that.

You have this time in your life to concentrate on school, family, friends, school activities, community events, and making this a memorable time. Rushing into a dating situation? Not a wise option. At 11 you cannot be fully aware of all the consequences that can happen when you start dating so young. For example, letting emotions make the choices and not thinking through the results. Give yourself some time.

I know peer pressure can be enormouis. One of the first choices is to follow the crowd or make your own path.

Best of all to you and please take care.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Enjoy, sweetie. You sound like you have a good brain. Stick with the 'look but don't touch' and you will have them eating out of your hand.

Be nice, respect yourself. You have a lot to offer, make them work for it.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
    I agree with all the other responses.. 11 is way too young for thinking about this but like others have said, you sound sensible for your age.. Wait until you are at least 18, focus on your studies and just have fun being young, hobbies, friends and of course boring old school work.. LOL Yes I and many others here were there once so we know but as you know, it is very important for your future.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 07:58 PM
    I think when I was 11 I thought girls had the weebie jeebie's. I don't know if I was a late bloomer or they are "dating" younger these days but I don't think I noticed girls until high school.

You shouldn't be worried about guys until high school or even later. Anyone here out of high school (well at least me) will tell you that if they could go back and study harder and value that free education you are given they would do it in a heartbeat.
    chasesmommy Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
    I think 11 is definitely too young to be dating. I know kids who had "boyfriends" or "girlfriends" when I was that age & looking back it just seems foolish. I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16 & at the time I did sometimes hate it. But again, looking back, it didn't ruin my life in any way, shape or form.

Kids now a days are so eager to grow up & society pushes them to do so. I say just be an 11 year old girl, have crushes & do all that fun girly stuff, but don't rush anything. And when you do start dating, be wise in every decision you make. (And by the way, dating is really not all it's cracked up to be either. Trust me... broken hearts, not fun!)
    HisGurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzledmonkey
    I'm 11 and "well developed" lots of guys and girl in my year started asking eachother out about 1 1/2 years ago, I was asked out once and found it was boring because our parents wouldnt let us meet up anywere and I was dumped a few days later. Now its more interesting as many of my friends have boyfriends and buy eachother gifts and meet up and I feel really left out. theres a guy I know that really likes me, We've been friends for ages and I dont want to be any more, and theres another friend who I really like but I dont know if he likes me.

HELP
    Woooo... u are way way to young... enjoy your youth... I promise things wiil get better and don't go searchin for that one... let them come to u... iwith until high school... for know play that inocent role... take your time... there's so much time... don't rush in to thingd that youu aren't ready for. And at your age you aren't ready for much... there's a lot to learn... boys therse dayz really onli want one thing.. a.nd it ain't love so hold off for a couple of more years.. then if these same boys still want you play hard to get and go from there..
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 11, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Waaaaaaaaaaaay to young honey!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I too young to get married [ 8 Answers ]

Well I will be 21 on the 14 of this month and my b/f is 26 we have been together for 2 1/2 years I love him very much and I know he feels the same and I just want to know if I am too young to get married, or if the relationship is too young?

Young and worried [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a 20 year old woman and I have missed my period. I don't know why it is late. I haven't been sexually active for about three months and I came on my period last month but I went to the doctor after I got off my period last month and was given some medicating for a yeast infection. I...

Young Father [ 9 Answers ]

Hey my name is sam am 17 year old lad from northern ireland,my girlfriend came to me 1 day at a normal hospital check up and told me she was pregnant at first I was shocked but excited. Now I need some help I started going out with this girl on the last Saturday in August I had sex with her that...

Getting Married Young [ 117 Answers ]

I am 17 years old an am engaged to be married a couple of monthes after I turn 18 to my fiancé who is 19 and will be 20 by the time we marry. When I tell people this they act very shocked and it seems as though they dissaprove. What can I do to reassure them that this is definitely the person I...

Too young to get married? [ 26 Answers ]

HI. I'm 19 and I go to college in fl. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. This past year we have been long distance because he is in the marine corps and stationed in NC. We want to get married and everyone thinks we are crazy. How do I know if I'm doing the right thing?

View more questions Search