Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hanvin375 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 02:09 PM
    2008 troy-bilt pony won't start
    My 2008 Troy-Bilt Pony won't start. I jumped battery, nothing. It's in "N", blade disengaged, parking brake on, sitting on seat. Won't start. New plug, fuel & air filter, oil change, fresh gas. I had the mower elevated in the front to remove blades, left it elevated for about 2 weeks. When I took the jackstands out the mower crashed down pretty hard unintentionally. Also, my 3 yr old son packed ignition switch w/ dirt, I cleaned it well though. Interlock switch? Solenoid? Starter? Any advice?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 16, 2011, 04:04 PM

Hi,
    I would first suspect the ignition switch since it is supposed to be fairly well sealed, I still suspect dirt in those contacts.
    To pass along an anedote from long ago. A man came into my shop with his mower and his litle daughter in tow near closing one Saturday. He tells his daughter to tell me what she had told him what she had done. Her reply was "I filled up daddy's gas tank." He then advised me that she could not lift the gascan. An inspection revealed that she certainly had - from the sandbox!
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a troy bilt riding lawn mower it is a pony it will start but will not stay run [ 1 Answers ]

It will not stay running it is getting gas but will not stay running It is a troy bilt ridding lawn mower called a pony it has a 17 half bregges and straten moter

Troy Bilt Pony Mulching [ 1 Answers ]

Brand new Pony w/mulching block installed. It does not mulch on first pass. It is necessary to go back over each row after it has been mowed. Instead of getting a discharge "line" at the side, there is a discharge "line" beneath.

Troy Bilt Pony Mower Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

I got out my Troy Bilt Pony Riding Mower today to cut the grass for the first time this Spring and it wouldn't do anything when I turned the key. I bought a new battery and installed it and then it just clicked when I tried to start the mower. I replaced the spark plug and it still doesn't start....

Troy Bilt Pony will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I've had it for three years. Went out today to mow for first time this year, and it won't even crank. New battery? New sparkplug? And where can I get these?

Troy bilt pony mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a new deck belt, to engage the blades, I don't know which pulleys it goes around or how to loosen and tighten them. I need a diagram! Help! Please :(

View more questions Search