Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jan 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Odd basis for a relationship
    I've never been a religious person. Most of my family members, on the other hand, are quite religious. This fundamental difference causes some interesting situations, especially when people that the religious segment of the family know from church come into the family business. It's occasionally a bit awkward, since the church members assume, based on the family members whom they know already, that I too would be religious, and they ask where I go to church. They always seem a bit surprised when I say I don't (to their credit, 99% of the time it's simple embarrassment over making an assumption or bringing up something that might make me uncomfortable).

This happened a while back when a woman came into the family shop when I was the only one present. She didn't ask where I went to church, but the subject came up later in a conversation she had with my sister in law at church (she said she'd been in the store and met me, liked me, and oh by the way, which church am I a member of?), and upon learning that I didn't attend church, she took it as her mission to, in her words, church me up a bit.

She has a daughter or a niece or family friend or something who's about my age and who is available, and there's an idea floating around of setting the two of us up so that I'll be more likely to go to church to be able to spend some time with her.

I have no interest in getting churched up, but I do have an interest in girls who are in a reasonable age range and available, so I may go along with this plan purely for the girl, including spending a bit of time at the church (I can always doodle on the program for the sermon... there are spots for taking notes available) and then return to my current ways once I've hooked the girl.

So what I really need to know is what color shirt should I wear when I meet this girl?
    DriverJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosnosna
    I've never been a religious person. Most of my family members, on the other hand, are quite religious. This fundamental difference causes some interesting situations, especially when people that the religious segment of the family know from church come into the family business. It's occasionally a bit awkward, since the church members assume, based on the family members whom they know already, that I too would be religious, and they ask where I go to church. They always seem a bit surprised when I say I don't (to their credit, 99% of the time it's simple embarassment over making an assumption or bringing up something that might make me uncomfortable).

This happened a while back when a woman came into the family shop when I was the only one present. She didn't ask where I went to church, but the subject came up later in a conversation she had with my sister in law at church (she said she'd been in the store and met me, liked me, and oh by the way, which church am I a member of?), and upon learning that I didn't attend church, she took it as her mission to, in her words, church me up a bit.

She has a daughter or a niece or family friend or something who's about my age and who is available, and there's an idea floating around of setting the two of us up so that I'll be more likely to go to church to be able to spend some time with her.

I have no interest in getting churched up, but I do have an interest in girls who are in a reasonable age range and available, so I may go along with this plan purely for the girl, including spending a bit of time at the church (I can always doodle on the program for the sermon... there are spots for taking notes available) and then return to my current ways once I've hooked the girl.

So what I really need to know is what color shirt should I wear when I meet this girl?
    I'd go with a neutral or blue.

The great thing about doodling on the program is you'll find out how deep she is in to her religion because either she will be offended or she'll shrug it off...

Good luck!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I don't think it matters what color shirt you're wearing.

You should, however, wear a pentagram and those little tooth-cap fangs.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Blue is nice, but--

"Beware of your desires, for you shall surely have them."

--Ancient somewherian proverb
    Sweet Like Honey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 05:23 PM
    It doesn't matter what color shirt you wear, as long as you feel comfartable... but make sure your presentable as well!
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Feb 6, 2007, 02:32 AM
    <<So what I really need to know is what color shirt should I wear when I meet this girl?>>

Someone who has posted such amazing posts recently asking what coulour shirt they should wear! ;-)lol!
    Any colour except yellow or pink!; -)
    Yeah go for blue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cost basis for 4 heirs of a house when 2 want to buy out other 2? [ 2 Answers ]

4 siblings inherited a house from father and got an independent appraisal for value RANGE of $185,000-$210,000 and a suggested listing price of $204,000 on day of death. Question 1: Which of these figures is the FAIR MARKET VALUE of the home that should be the stepped-up cost basis for the...

Something Odd.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Probably within the last month or so, my toilet has seemed to develop a life of its own. Every once in a while (several times a day), it seems to run for a few seconds at a time. It doesn't flush, but it has the sound of the last few seconds after you've flushed. (Am I making any sense?) I'm...

Odd landlords [ 9 Answers ]

This is long so I apologize in advance... My significant other, daughter, and I moved into a full house with a large yard 2 months ago. We rented through a real estate agent. I specifically wanted this house because of the large yard. There have been several problems with the demands of...

Basis Of Life: [ 8 Answers ]

Living things have the ability to take energy from their environment and change it from one form to another. This energy is usually used to facilitate their growth and reproduction. Without these considerations, one does not live. Do you agree? ...

Basis in inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited rental real estate property from an uncle that past away 7 years ago. I just now received it because his will gave a life estate to his wife for the income from the property during her life. He owned the property as separate property. She has now passed away and I have received the...

View more questions Search