Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    333666999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2011, 06:55 PM
    I'm depressed, my friend is going through puberty.
    Hello,
    I am a 15 year old boy and my best friend (also a boy) is getting close to going through puberty. He is only 7 1/2, but on the inside, he is starting to change, and physical appearance will start coming soon. We go to church together, so I don't feel comfortable talking to him about it; besides, it is the parents job to talk to him about puberty. I don't want him to grow up, I am used to my cute, funny friend that I can hug every time I see him. He is going to become a man. He is so loving, and I don't want him to change. I worry about him; I don't want him to start masturbating and fantasizing about sex. I worry about him having uncontrollable erections. I worry about him getting pubic hair, getting a deep voice, getting muscles, growing tall. I worry about his penis and testicles growing and him having wet dreams.

I'm not gay or weird or a child... I don't know what the word is... child bad something. This boy is the one and only friend that I have and I am worried about him. So, my question is, how do I emotionally get myself through this time. I have been really worried about my friend. I also know 7 1/2 might still be a little while before puberty, but it is going to happen to him eventually. If any Christian is reading this, is there scripture to get me through rough times like this? Please help, I have actually considered suicide because I am so worried about my friend and him not wanting to change. PLEASE help me get through this time. Thank you all, God bless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2011, 07:24 PM

Yes, get over it, it is not your choice, he will at some point go though it, I hope you have already. If you are really his friend, you will be there for him. I guess also I may ask why a 15 year old has his "best friend" how is only 7 and is wanting to "hug" him all the time.

Let me see advice, let him grow up, find friends your own age.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2011, 08:04 PM

Why is your friend's maturing and going through puberty a bad thing? (Has puberty been bad for you?) It's a good thing to mature! He will someday be able to have girlfriends and find the right one whom he will marry and have children with. I see a rich and full life ahead for him!

Do you see your friendship with him disappearing as his interests change and as he starts having crushes on girls?
    Wowza Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 04:33 AM
    Well, my friend is also going through puberty, even though she is a girl, not a boy. I'm a small bit confused, but even more concerned. Usually, I let her just Endlessly talk about every single detail. I was thinking it might help for a boy just the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to make a depressed friend happy [ 4 Answers ]

A good friend of mine is not happy as her biy friend had cheated her and she is very much effected.She feels the absence of a man in her life and adament that she wants to marry the same person who had dumped her.The boy is no more interested in her and will not marry her.She is not at all happy...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Friend is a creep or he's just depressed? [ 1 Answers ]

My closest friend who usually is very supportive knows I am looking for a job in a particular state. He's very bitter about his high taxes there. I am anxious about finding a job, which my friend knows. He has told me a couple of times that the only way I will get a job there is by knowing...

Relationship info for a friend who is depressed [ 1 Answers ]

One of my oldest and dearest friends is upset and depressed because she is still single and not married. She is constantly whining about not having a man, and she is always saying she won't get one because she is 27 and she has never been asked out. I think that she thinks it has something to do...

Depressed friend [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who has depression. He goes to a psychologist but he says that, that doesn't help him much. Sometimes he gets really down and I ask him why he feels like that and he says that he doesn't know. I don't understand how someone can get sad for no reason. Like without them thinking...

View more questions Search