Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surfropas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2011, 09:41 AM
    Here's my problem...
    I have to figure out how many square meters there are inside this... first wall, 67.76 meters long, next, 49 meters, then 63 meters and finally, the last wall is 24.03 meters long. Does anyone know the correct formula to use so I can figure this out? Thank you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2011, 09:59 AM

You need to know the height to figue your square meters.

If this is for a floor and these are the surrounding walls then you square them up to make them common. After that with the remainder you should have a triangle and you use that to figure the rest.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 15, 2011, 02:33 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    You only need the height for cubic meters. Square meter figures are derived the same as squre yards.

May 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
    I'm just really bad at math. How would you solve this? What math formula would you use? I really want to know for future refferences. Thanks
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2011, 03:42 PM

Comment on califdadof3's post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by califdadof3
    You need to know the height to figue your square meters.

If this is for a floor and these are the surrounding walls then you square them up to make them common. After that with the remainder you should have a triangle and you use that to figure the rest.

You only need the height for cubic meters. Square meter figures are derived the same as squre yards.

Maybe I was misreading the question. I took it to mean the numbers posted were the wall lengths. I didn't see any mention of height. What is the OP trying to solve ?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 15, 2011, 03:51 PM

Divide the area up into rectangles and triangles.

Compute the area of each.

Area of rectangle is side a X side b.
    Area of triangle is base X height divided by 2.
    Attached Images

May 15, 2011, 05:20 PM
    Comment on hkstroud's post
    There is no height. I just need to figure out how big the property is.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 15, 2011, 06:26 PM

Height is height of triangle.
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 16, 2011, 02:45 PM
    CDO3 you were right in your area determination. You do need the height of a triangle to get the area. But for area it is planar height not altitude height. I believe he is looking for area, not volume. Georgia dad of 4 (MA0641)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 year age difference a problem or my problem? [ 8 Answers ]

New here and thanks for 'listening'. Hubby and I 11 years difference. I'm 40, he's 51. We have 1 child age 6. Dated 6 years, he previously married and 1 child. Broke it off after 4 1/2 years said I deserved someone to marry me, give me family he did not want any of that. Well, year later we were...

Central heating problem or water meter problem? [ 3 Answers ]

We live in an apartment building and the individual water usage is measured by private water meters (mechanical). When the apartment was built, 2 years ago, some of the meters had been fitted the wrong way (in reverse). Yesterday a plumber attended to rectify 3 meters. My 2 neighbours meters were...

My 2006 Taurus has a problem hesitating to start sometimes, what could be the problem [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes when starting my 2006 Ford Taurus, it hesitate to start, sometimes it does this and sometimes not, what could the problem? I'm thinking the starter. I replaced the battery, thinking it could be the battery, but the problem still exist. Help!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

View more questions Search