Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adambrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2011, 07:49 AM
    Are there grants for ex-convicts
    I have been released from prison a year ago and been accepted to Eastern Maine Community College but I am being held up from starting because I owe a colege 3,000 from 18 years ago and they won't give me my official transcripts. I have terrible credit and have no way of paying this with out help, and I don't have a co-signer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2011, 09:06 AM

Hello adam:

Grants, if you can get one, are for education... You want a grant to pay off an old bill. They don't have those. I know it SOUNDS like it's for education. But, it isn't.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2011, 09:35 AM

Yes you will not even get new grants for new education till those bills are paid, So get a job, and start paying that bill.

There are no special grants for ex convicts. In some local areas there are on the job training and the such.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Educational Grants for Released Convicts [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to know how to go about getting information on any grants or scholarship programs that may be available for people recently released from prison. With all of the "bail out" money being so recklessly given away, surely there is something available for someone who wants to better...

Education Grants for Ex Convicts [ 6 Answers ]

I was stupid back in 1988 and enetered into a tech school after serving 3.5 years in a Texas prison. The school knew I was just out and never bothered to tell me my degree would be no good due to my criminal history. Now I am stuck with major Student loan. Is their anybody that may know of a...

School grants in Arizona for ex-convicts [ 0 Answers ]

I was released from Arizona State Prision 11/2009 I have been trying to find a job without success, because of the current job market I haven't had any luck. However I have also been attending MCC, where I have earned a B average this first semester. I have decided I would like to attend school...

Grants for Convicts/Felons [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for ex-convicts/felons for education, starting businesses and for housing?

View more questions Search