Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dotty47 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 03:43 PM
    How many pics can you take on a digital camera?
    I recently purchased a Kodak easy share C143 digital camera. I am about to leave on vacation and
    I am clueless as to how many pictures I can put in it. What if I don't have enough room? I won't
    Have access to my computer while I'm gone. I know there memory something's you can buy, but there are
    So many I don't know which to buy or if I want or need to and what I do with it after I do? HELP ME
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2011, 04:10 PM

Those memory things are SD cards and I think the Easy share is very limiited to the number of photos without a card.

You can get a SD card at almost any store, Walmart, Target, Drug stores and more. There is a slot in the camera for it to go into.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2011, 04:20 PM

Dotty, kodak recommends you buy a SD or SDHC chip for your camera. They are installed in the battery compartment, they only go in one way so don't force it just flip in around.

The number of pic depends on the setting, the user manual will cover set up.

When you get home from vacation, just remove the sd card by pressing in slightly and plug in in your computer to view and work with your photos. Good luck
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 14, 2011, 05:02 PM

If you don't know what kind of memory card you need, you can take the camera to any electronic store and ask them.

You probably need an SD card. It's what most cameras take. The more space the card has, the more pictures you can take. I would suggest getting one bigger than you think you need, and maybe even get a spare. If you can take video with your camera, then keep in mind that any videos will take up memory space a LOT faster than pictures ever will.

Most digital cameras have a VERY small internal memory, if they have one at all. Without a memory card, you probably wouldn't be able to take even 100 pics.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 20, 2011, 11:33 AM
    I read about your camera and it says there is 32mb of memory available and only 19mb is usable for pictures. Get a few 4 gig SD/HC cards for it and you should be OK. But be aware that batteries will probably be a bigger issue. Having a set of eight rechargables to power it will allow you to carry 4 charged (two in and two spares) with 4 left in the room on charge to swap to when the others run down. With a 4gig card in there, your batteries would run out before you fill it with pictures. If you can (indoors) use the optional wall wart to power the camera and maybe get an extension for it so you can roam a little.

May 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Comment on Appzalien's post
    Oh! to actually answer the question you asked, It depends. If the camera allows you to choose a resolution for your pictures (the higher the resolution the more detailed the photos will be), then choosing low settings gives you more photos with lower quality, and higher settings makes bigger sized files with better quality. Somewhere in the middle ground is a good start.

May 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Comment on Appzalien's post
    Flash eats batteries for breakfast.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

May 20, 2011, 04:53 PM

With only 19MB of memory, you HAVE to get a memory card. That'll let you take about 5 pictures, if that.

App also made a good point about the batteries. Keep several spares on hand, either on you or in your room. Rechargables are a life saver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to get my pics from the camera to the computer! [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot get pics from camera to computer. Either it says it can't get device information or it doesn't give me a choice of which program to open when I connect to the computer. It was so easy with my old camera and this is a pain! How do I download my pictures from the camera?? Help! ...

Consolidate digital pics [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble consolidating pics on my computer, for exampe some are on picassa, others windows, other kodak. Cannot get them together - help! Thanks chuck1e

Cannot download pics from camera to PC [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've recently bought a Canon Powershot A630 camera and I can't download the pics from the camera to my PC (windows XP / bought nearly 3 years ago). I used to have an Olympus camera and it was working fine. Still working.. I followed the manuals guidelines to install the Canon...

Move digital pics to cd [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All Can you please tell me how to move digital pics to cd I have been told to click data rather music but cannot find this on my comp?? I am runnig Windows XP. Thanks to all of you who helped me resize my pics. Thanking you in advance. Ernie

View more questions Search