Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spud1337 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 01:21 PM
    My girlfriend wants single
    So me and my girl have been together for about 6 months and she's been my girlfriend for about 3 months. We recently just finished our first year at college and as soon as summer started to come we had talked about long distance given that we live an hour and a half apart. When I first met her she had left her boyfriend for me and we were inseparable since. Aside from a few small stupid arguments, everything was going great.

SO once summer started she visited me about a week in and told me that she loved me but wanted a sort of break because she jumped from relationship to relationship and didn't get to get over her ex. I said that was fine and she said wed stay exclusive but wouldn't need to talk and see each other all the time. Then about 2 weeks later, after everything seemed fine between us, she out of the blue told me she needed to talk to me. The original plan was if we ended up taking a break or breaking up for summer that we would get back in the fall at school.

After hanging with her girlfriends at home she told me she wanted her single time. She said she needed time to get over her ex and then when she was ready we wanted we could try this again. She claims that it was not at all about her wanting to see any other guys but more a single time to be with her girls. She said there was a chance of us getting back together in the fall but she had no clue when she would be ready so she wasn't going to promise anything.

I know she cares for me and doesn't want me to get hurt and she doesn't want me waiting for her, but I can't help it. I haven't ever met a girl like her and Ive been with a decent amount of girls. This year has been one of the best years of my life and now it seems its turning to ****. She wants to talk to me to see if this is OK with me if we break up. All I can think about is what if we never get back together or what if she meets someone else.

I am not one who believes in destiny and what's meant to be. Will we ever get back together? What should I do in this situation? Is she lying at all? Does she really just want to break up with me? What are the chances of us getting back together? Is it just bad timing? How long will it take her to get over **** and her single time?

I don't want to lose her forever. I need help please like step by step pleaseee =/
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2011, 02:50 PM

The only step you take is take her word, and get a life without her like you had before her.

She said don't wait, then don't wait. Have you own fun, and keep your options open as she has, so you can be prepared for the worst, as you hope for the best. Sorry guy, but you should have seen this was a rebound relationship, and what would you expect from a female that can dump a guy and then get with another one so fast.

You don't wait for her, and you don't look back. Hey, it was fun while it lasted, but its over now, and you are just another one of her exes. You don't go back for a repeat performance when summer is over either.
    Spud1337 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Even though she wants to see what I would want? And if to fully through with the breakup?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2011, 03:24 PM

You can address that when, and if it happens, can't you? Have a great life until that happens.

What, your going to sit in a corner, and wait with bated breath? Dude she is having the time of her life. You think she is sitting in a corner waiting to feel better counting the days, hours, minutes until she can go back to her true love of a few months?? No she ain't! Her and her friends are living it up, being young, single, and free!! How come you can't?

Just saying.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 14, 2011, 03:47 PM

She is not ready for an exclusive relationship. She has been honest with you to say she didn't really get over her ex before starting to go out with you. Trying to hold onto her, when she has made it very clear that she needs some time and space, won't help your relationship. You want someone who is ready and wanting to be with you... not someone who is still working through their past.

Do you have to be exclusive? Could you not leave it open to date different people if the desire came up? Dating allows for you to get to know different people... what works and doesn't work for you.

There is no way to know whether either one of you will meet someone next week or next month that you might be interested in getting to know better.

Enjoy the time you have together if she wants to see you once in awhile, but as talaniman said, don't wait around for her.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2011, 05:14 PM

You don't need a break from someone you still love , she's just trying to let you down lightly.

You got into a Rebound relationship where you appeased her needs to have someone while she got over her Ex , she's obviously over it now. So leave her alone and you'll be able to get over it a lot quicker.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 01:38 PM
    As you are in your first year of college what does a "decent amount of girls" mean to you? 100? Because there are more than 3,000,000,000 girls in this world and you are saying that you have yet to meet someone like her? That means that if you have gotten with 100 girls you have meet about 0.000033% of the girls, which is nothing. Keep meeting people.

If she has straight up told you that she wants to enjoy being single (which normally means sleep around), why are you still pursuing her? Respect her decision and go your own route, you don't need to beg her to come back, go No Contact and let her live her life and you live yours. If she ever comes back then she will dial you, and you will have a choice then, as for now, continue concentrating on school and work and keep yourself busy as time will heal your heartbreak.

Good Luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex girlfriend single again [ 12 Answers ]

I've found out my ex girlfriend has recently broke up with her ex, and I can't stop thinking about her all of a sudden. I've been with my new girlfriend over 6 months now and I'm confused as why this would happen

My girlfriend wants to be single [ 15 Answers ]

Okay so here is what happened a few days ago my girl broke up with cause she starts crying and says she wants to be single. I told her if you don't tell me what's wrong I can't fix it. She said I didn't do anything wrong, I'm perfect. I ask if there is someone else? Is she bored with me? No again....

My girlfriend says she wants to be single [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend since last May and at first it was great, we both couldn't be apart and we made each other laugh. We both liked to hug and kiss each other but now it seems like that's all changed. It started in December when I lost my job. Obviously I couldn't spend as much money so...

My Girlfriend says she wants to be single [ 22 Answers ]

I am 16 and my girlfreind is the same age, I just took her virginity (yes I am sure) a few days and we had had sex Tuesday before skool, everything seemed fine, then Friday, she acts different, She called me, and was real quite and kind of nonchalant, So I was asking questions about how she felt...

My girlfriend said she wants to be single. [ 8 Answers ]

Hiya guys and ladies. First let me say I have been searching countless posts and words cannot explain how much you people help in difficult situations like these, providing a free service with trueful answers and advice, you are all a bloody credit to everyone. Anyway, I've just decided to sign...

View more questions Search