Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabitha20 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 09:02 AM
    engineering economy: uniform gradient
    If $10,000 now is equivalent to 4Z at the end of year 2, 3Z at the end of year 3, 2Z at the end of year 4 and Z at the end of year 5, what is the value of Z when the interest rate is 8% per year?

so I already solved this using the discrete compounding tables. My solution was:
    P=z(P/G,8%,5)
    10000=z(7.372)
    z=$1356.5
    so apparently that's the wrong answer. I assumed the 10000 was the present value... is it the cash flow at the end of year 1 instead of p? Since I can't get the correct answer which is $1256.05

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

Gradient of Tangents Calculus [ 1 Answers ]

Find the gradient of the tangent to the curve y= square root x plus 8/square root x at the point (4,6)

How do I find a gradient with a equation? [ 1 Answers ]

I know how to find the gradient but the question gives a equation 2x - 5y = 18 how do I find x and y to draw a graph?

Gradient of tangent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, How would I solve this? A tangent to the hyperbola y=1/(2x) , x>0 cuts the y- axis at the point y=2 Find the gradient of this tangent? If I differentiate the hyperbola, I would get -1/(2x^2) and then I don't know how to go on about doing it. Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.