Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deathbystereo25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 02:30 PM
    ‎My 2002 Dodge Durango 4.7 I cant stop it from overheating tried everything!
    Man, I have done everything I can think of, and still can't get my truck to stop overheating!! Any ideas? I have replaced water pump, radiator, thermostat, upper and lower hoses, radiator cap, temp sensor, all spark plugs and coils, coolant, fan clutch, and radiator cooling fan. It runs great for a couple of days when I top off with coolant and burp it, then out of the blue gets really hot. If you have any ideas id really appreciate it thank you
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 13, 2011, 02:43 PM

Aluminum head warped/head gasket leak?

This link may offer several ideas:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dodge durango keeps overheating but cools down when I run it in the freeway [ 1 Answers ]

My dodge durango keeps overheating I changed the thermostat but it still keeps overheating but it cools down when I drive it in the freway

I have a 2002 Dodge Durango. The motor died, so I replaced it with a 2001 Durango mo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Dodge Durango. The motor died, so I replaced it with a 2001 Durango motor. I changed the computer system also, because after replacing the motor it did not start. I had not luck with the computer system either. My truck still does not start. When I hooked it up to a diagnostic...

2003 Dodge Durango Overheating [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 dodge durango gets really hot I have not let it overheat & I've repalced the thermostat, but it kept getting real hot. I figured out that it was the electric fan that wasn't working so I replaced that but now the new fan still won't turn on. Please help me figure out what could be wrong....

2000 Dodge Durango overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I recently went out of town and on the way home, my car overheated forcing me to pull over. When I turned the car off, the radiotor was shaking very bad like it was out of water but when I checked it was full. I then was told that it might have been the thermostat. I replaced the thermostat,...

2001 Dodge Durango overheating [ 3 Answers ]

Auxiliary heating pump went bad. Durango overheated. Had it towed and the pump was replaced. I drove it home and it overheated again. Checked the reservoir and there was no circulation of fluid in reservoir and the fluid in the reservoir was cold! Heater hose from top of radiator was warm to...

View more questions Search