Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vfrancois Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Harley turn signals
    08 sporster 1200 changed both front turn signal bulbs now they stay lit and don't work won't flash either side.what can I do or check
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

May 13, 2011, 12:54 PM

Check the bulb types. Were they single contact or double contact? If you use the wrong one it can cause your problem.

May 13, 2011, 01:07 PM
    Both double contacts.red key on speedometer is on.should I replace all four bulbs and start there.
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

May 13, 2011, 03:46 PM

Bulbs should be 1057 or 1057LL, red key on speedo is security system. Check all bulbs to be sure they're good.

May 13, 2011, 03:51 PM

OK thank you very much for your help.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 19, 2011, 11:29 AM

Do have a TSSM(Turn Signal Security Module), your signals are security indicators. Not sure if your model has it. Not only does your turn signals run through it, it also interrupts Starter and Ignition.
    A buddy of mine had the schematic, and I figured how to make a TSSM test plug, it would allow testing of the bike to see if it failed, you could actually eleminate the system with this, and by adding a flasher, bike would operate normally with no Security.
    This would allow riding till system is repaired, or till you could afford a new one, should they be outrageous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

96 hondacivic stalled while driving,no turn signals [ 4 Answers ]

My 96 civic dx stalled while driving, will not restart, no hazards or turn signals, just cranks over,its only 25 degrees out and was running/ driving for 30 minutes prior to this. Oh when keey is on position 2 only seetbelt and brake lights are on no check enginelight

How do I repair turn signals on 98 ford f150? [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the flasher under the dash,but that didn't do it. Anyone know how to replace the turn signal switch?

Where is relay for turn signals [ 5 Answers ]

My turn signals don't work, light light but no flash. I was told I needed a relay but can not find the relay.

Intermittent turn signals [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 jeep cherokee the turn signals worked when they felt like it.I replaced the flasher and for two weeks no problem.Now The signals work randomly.Any ideas.Thanks

View more questions Search