Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellejay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Ask an electrical question?
    I have just purchased a steam mop from the usa I live in the uk I also got a ac converter but the mop still dosen't work there is a green light on so there is power but it doesn't heat up. Can you tell me why this is
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 13, 2011, 08:18 AM

How many watts was the voltage converter you got. How many watts does the steam mop draw?

I'm thinking the converter isn't big enough for what the mop is trying to draw.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Question, obviously... [ 1 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can help. I had the brilliant idea of changing all of my outlets and light switches in my living room and have somehow created a mess. First, I replaced all the outlets and everything worked fine, then I started on the light switches. At the hallway entering the living...

Electrical Question [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have an electrical question. I have 2 lights I'm adding to a circuit. The circuit already has 4 lights all that are controlled by a single switch. I've branched off one of these lights to give power to 2 additional lights with 14/2. The 2 lights are each controlled by a single pole switch. ...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I have a dedicated 15 amp circuit running to 5 recessed lights in my living room all controlled by a single switch. I've run the switch leg up the wall and to the first light, its 14/2. The power is coming into the first light also 14/2. I was wondering how to do this. Can...

Electrical Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lt2000 riding lawn mower.Used the mower to cut grass and turned it off.Blew mower off with blower and now it won't start.Motor will not even turn over.Any suggestions?

Free electrical question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a switch which operates the bottom half of an outlet. There is a 14/3 and a 14/2 wire coming in to the switch. The whites are wire nutted, and the 2 blacks and 1 red are connected to the switch. How can I bypass the powering of the outlet and use this switch to power the light on a newly...

View more questions Search