Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrgrund Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 02:51 PM
    Can a landlord force a contractual amendment without mutual consent
    If a rental contract for an apartment is in effect; can the landlord force an amendment to the contract without mutual consent of all parties
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 02:54 PM

Hello jr:

No. It needs to be done in writing and signed by all parties..

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2011, 03:06 PM

Normally no, unless of course the lease agreement you signed with them gives them the right to make certain changes.

I had one that allowed change in water or trash costs if the vendor changed their rates.

Also if anything in the lease is illegal they could not be enforced.

But in general, the don't have to renew you lease but can not force changes to your lease.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 12, 2011, 03:20 PM
    It would be better to know what the situation is.
    I can think of situations that might be acceptable/legal, especially in an owner occupied building of 2 or 3 units. Sometimes HO insurance demands change; I remember when they started asking what kind of dogs were in the building, or no trampolines without nets. Or a tenant let the oil tank go dry, causing a house full of smoke and expense cleaning out the sludge dragged through the line, and I insisted on using my oil dealer and the automatic plan, or face termination of lease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a landlord force a contractual amendment without mutual consent [ 2 Answers ]

If a rental contract for an apartment is in effect; can the landlord force an amendment to the contract without mutual consent of all parties?

He died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Please Help me! My brother died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce. His evil wife (only 2 years marriage) now is trying to get all my brother's heritage (i.e. the house of my parents-they still paying a house-loan). Is anything we can do to prevent this? Thank you in advance for...

Issuance of land contract without mutual owner consent [ 4 Answers ]

If 2 people are on a valid house title, can one create a 'land contract' with an individual without consent of other person on title?

What is considered unreasonably withholding consent - landlord entry to premises [ 6 Answers ]

:cool: I live in Haines City, Florida (Polk County). I am renting a house/property and the owner has decided to sell it. I told them I didn't want anyone entering the property while I'm not there (at work) and that they could show the house in the evenings or on weekends. My questions are:...

View more questions Search