Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammietam31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Hungry daschund
    Hello I was wondering how many times a day I should feed my daschund he gets breakfast and then at night I feed him his dinner but he is always acting like he is hungry?
    Maria72 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietam31
    hello I was wondering how many times a day i should feed my daschund he gets breakfast and then at night i feed him his dinner but he is always acting like he is hungry?
    I also have a daschund but he's a mini and I've heard from my vet that daschunds will eat until they die they don't know when they are full I normally feed mine in the Morning and at night! Hope this helps

Maria
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Although some dogs refuse to eat more than they need, others will wolf down all they are given and look for more. This often leads to overfeeding, over weight, joint problems, and an earlier death. Dachshunds, like the larger breeds, are more likely to have problems because of their backs. Best thing is to check him as illustrated at http://www.puppychow.com/products/po...condition.aspx. Then, grit your teeth, and cut back if he is overweight. Keep anything except his dog chow to a minimum. Sometimes doing what is best for your dog isn't easy. You might have your vet confirm your judgment next visit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Daschund [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my wife received a new 2 year old Daschund on Monday. Her name is Ginger and she is very sweet. I have had other dogs growing up, but this is my first Daschund. I don't know exactly what's wrong with her, but she was spaded this past Wednesday and given her vaccinations. Do most female...

My Daschund [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my daschund has been suffering from what looks to be his ear's being eaten away. It has gotten worse over the last 3 days, and now it is bleeding. He doesn't seem to notice and I don't think it is effecting him in any way. He is still the same little man. He also is losing hair around his neck...

Daschund,daschund,daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it that I am seeing daschund questions so frequently? Has anyone else noticed that?

My daschund [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Daschund that is about 2 and a half years old. She was a stray that dropped into our laps when she was less then a year old, she still had a puppy tooth or two. Anyway, I have noticed that she seems to go through cycles of itching on her back. She does not have fleas. IF I let her she...

Money hungry wife [ 6 Answers ]

I have been married 6 years and am in the middle of a divorce. The last year of which we have been living apart.I have 1 child and I am paying child support. My wife now want part of my pension and alimony,is she entitled to it? She has taken me for a ride, due to her spending, I had to go into...

View more questions Search