Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mar_cel87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 11:28 AM
    I gave birth to my baby recently (alone) now the father wants a custody!
    I dated this guy, he told me he has two kids.. and its OK with me because he was separated with the mother of the child and he has the custody of the children. But his paents are taking care of the children not him.. he still acted like a single guy! He never even work for the kids support, he just ask for his parents! For some reason he file a case to the mother that he won!. when we were together, I pregnant! I told him. After a days of telling him, he was gone by the wind... I contacted him he never answers me. Not even a single text! Now,after giving birth to our child. He recently contacted me for he wants to have the right of the child! Because I gave birth to a boy! Because if its still a girl he wouldn't mind and try to reach out!. does he have the right of the child?after he abandoned us... could I at least file a case against him to be not near or close to us for he has a record of abusive husband and drug addict?. I need some answers please!. god bless and thank you!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 01:09 PM

If he is the father, he has every legal right to go to court and petition for custody. And he will be certain to get at a minimum, visitation rights.. Of course you can also go after child support.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 01:16 PM

Where is this? I'm not sure it's in the US.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2011, 06:12 PM

Agree English did not seem like their first language so I will guess another country.

But in the US, unless you can prove with evidence that can be presented in court that he is a threat to the child, he has full right to ask for custody or at least joint custody.

And at the very least regular visits with the kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex girlfriend is claiming she gave birth but said baby died how do I know for sure [ 3 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend was 22 weeks pregnant when she left and moved back home with her mother 3 hours away. She constantly was calling me about being in a auto wreck flipping car, insecticide poisoning, burst cyst in stomach caused by baby etc. On July 20th she told me she fell down steps at her home...

Why is my hair falling out so much I recently gave birth and lately I've been tired [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Im 23 years old for almost 2 weeks now, strands of my hair have been falling out like hair balls and its not breakage. Every time I take a shower when I brush it or when I take out my hair tie. I gave birth 3 months ago and lately I've been really tired all I want to do is sleep. Im worried...

My daughter just gave birth two her second child the father to this one is a pedifile [ 1 Answers ]

I'm the guardian of my 5 year old grand daughter I'v had her since she was 4 months. This was suppose to be a temporary situation until my daughter got her stuff together and 4 years later things have not yet changed. Now my daughter has had a second child with a man that is a convicted pedophile...

My girlfriend of 7 years just gave birth to to a baby that is not mine we have 1 year [ 3 Answers ]

One year old twins that I have been there every day since day 1 when we found out she was pregnant I want her to give baby up for adoption I would never force her to neither I'm just ;lost

Custody/parental rights when birth of baby [ 4 Answers ]

Hi thank you for taking time to read this and would really appreciate some feedback on this subject.I separated from my husband and meet an old flame and got pregnant I am happy about this.But I got back with husband who wants to bring the baby up,and we can financially support a child.And have had...

View more questions Search