Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mpens23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 07:10 PM
    What is wrong with my cat?
    Last June I found a very young kitten in the woods. He walked funny and was extremely skinny and scruffy. Our guess is that he was kicked out of his litter because of his terrible hips, he walks very oddly, and can lay in ways I've never seen other cats lay.It also seems to have stunted his growth, because he still looks like a kitten. We took him in and got him medical care, and it feels like he's my child. And I'm worried because of his strange behaviors. Usually he's very affectionate and always wants to be held. But sometimes, recently, If I even touch him he hisses at me or growls. When he gets in these weird behaviors, His pupils get huge. Sometimes he looks like he's unsure of what's going on. I'm really worried, will he be okay?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2011, 10:25 PM

My guess would be mild epilepsy.

If you suspect that he was kicked out of his litter, it would be because of his disease, not the way his body is formed.

If he is walking strange, he might have been hit by a car, mauled by a preditor, etc.

There could be a lot wrong with him medically. You should take him to the vet for better answers.
    PCCAT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 12:03 AM
    Hi your cat's behaviour sounds similar to what I experienced with my cat. All of a sudden she started to hiss and did not want to be picked up. Turns out she had a cyst on her scent sac and every time I picked her up it was painful. Cats needs to have stimulation with play. It is really important to play with them - only two - 3mintues . ALso I found cats are so their own little creatures and do things on their own time. I found if I ignore then she comes in her own time. They need lots of love of course on their time and agenda,my motto is ONLY LOVE for kitty cats. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my cat? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a male cat approx eight years old who has always been good and no problems with him, he was doctored when he was a kitten. Over the last week he has gone very reclusive and has taken up residence under the bed, and won't come out when called, and will go extra long periods before coming to...

Can you tell me what wrong with my cat? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old cat and there is something wrong with her she's not eating or drinking that much and she's not using the litterbox and she is hiding in the bathroom is their something with her or is it her time. Please help me she is just like one of my kids!

What could be wrong with my cat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my cat, a 9 year old tabby male, has been unwell for a week now.I have taken him to the vets twice, on first visit they gave him an antibiotic injection. Second vist they just thoughly checked him all over they could find nothing wrong although they can see he look unwell. I was told to keep him...

Is there something wrong with my cat? [ 1 Answers ]

My cat had 7 kittens 4 weeks ago. 4 of them died within the first 2 weeks, and the other 3 seem very healthy and growing well. I moved the litter box upstairs where the kittens are because I have 2 little kids and I don't think I can trust bringing the kittens down yet. Anyway, when I did that...

What was wrong with my cat [ 8 Answers ]

I had a one year old cat that passed away yesterday. I have no clue as to what could have caused its death. It hadn't eaten in 5 days and constantly vomitted. I didn't have the money to take it to a vet. It lost a lot of weight and wouldn't eat. It seemed to lose all energy and life in it. Finally...

View more questions Search