Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BelieveInLove78 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Singing
    Hi! I am the best singer EVER!! I really need help on getting famous at this age. My camera broke and I can't post anything to YouTube. Everyone thinks I have a good voice. Friends, Family, Teachers, and more! I've preformed in front of thousands of people! Just a matter of fact I sang in front of my class today :)! I've been in singing contest before. And still nothing. And I'm in honor choir. PLEASE HELP I WANT TO BE A FAMOUS SINGER! Thanks :)
    (so sorry if I bragged)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 10, 2011, 02:42 PM

If your in the U.S. there is always American Idol.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 02:44 PM

How old are you?

May 10, 2011, 03:16 PM
    I'm 10 and I don't want to go on American Idol because you have to wait until your 15
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 03:18 PM

Unfortunately honey, it's near impossible to be famous at the tender age of 10 in music.

The first thing you would need to do would be to get a singing coach and a manager. That would be the first step you should take.

May 10, 2011, 03:23 PM
    I do have a singing coach. But I think you can become famous at 10. What about Jackie Evancho? She's 10 and she the world's famous opera singer! And I've looked on YouTube there's bunches of 10 year olds! I just want to be one of them! :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BelieveInLove78 View Post
    I do have a singing coach. But I think you can become famous at 10. What about Jackie Evancho? She's 10 and she thw world's famous opera singer! And i've looked on youtube there's bunches of 10 year olds!
    The YT ones aren't famous.

How did the famous ones get to be famous?

May 10, 2011, 03:39 PM
    I don't know
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2011, 03:41 PM

Anyone with a webcam can post a video on YT. Do that and be another 10 y/o singing on YT.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2011, 03:44 PM

Find an agent who thinks you could be famous and knows how to market your talent. Also, hire a manager who will look out for your money if you become successful.

In other words, you will have to shell out money on the road to becoming famous.
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 03:54 PM

You can't become famous just by posting on YouTube sweetie. That's not the way it works. It can be a start, though. You will need an agent to get your voice out to the public.

Being famous is not all it's cracked up to be, there are a multitude of problems that come with being famous.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 10, 2011, 05:23 PM

Another avenue is to apply yourself at amusment parks if they are near you. Most have shows almost hourly. But remember you will be restricted to child labor laws. Also get a trade paper and watch for auditions at the disney channel.

May 12, 2011, 02:41 PM
    I do not have a webcam :(
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

May 12, 2011, 02:53 PM

Look up local opportunities like musicals, choirs, and concerts.

At this point you just have to keep on doing what you love because you love it, and at your age someone might notice and help you get further.

There's also local, regional and national talent shows (America's Got Talent doesn't have an age limit as far as I know).

Practice, practice, and practice some more. Get yourself into the industry locally-and maybe someday it will take you further.

Best of luck to you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2011, 03:12 PM

You keep saying what you don't have, so find someone who has it, earn some money doing odd jobs and get it.

Most people trying to be movie stars work at fast food places or as waiters and the such. Or Car washes and more.

Next most singers never get famous, at least nationally, many get well known at a regional level but they try.
    There are most likely 20,000 great singers your age who want that 4 or 5 famous slots.

So you have to put some effort, it is not going to be free and not going to happen just for wishing.

You will need to sing at 100's of open mikes, often doing things at local city fairs or events, and you can expect to go for several years at no money and even a loss when you pay for travel. Are you traveling to events all around your state to sing ?

May 12, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Do you guys know what places America's Got Talent is going to be at? I might try that, if I can :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2011, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BelieveInLove78 View Post
    Do you guys know what places America's Got Talent is going to be at? I might try that, if i can :)
    Powered by YouTube, beginning May 5 through June 9, acts of all ages can now upload their audition videos via the “America's Got Talent” Audition App, or at YouTube - AmericasGotTalent's Channel, or at nbc.com/agt, as well as the “America's Got Talent” Facebook fan page at Official America's Got Talent Page | Facebook. Following the June 9 deadline, producers will select 20 acts for the YouTube community to view and vote for their favorites. The #1 YouTube act with the most votes will automatically gain a place on the YouTube-branded quarterfinal broadcast episode.

This season, “America's Got Talent” has taken the online audition element to the next level, allowing submissions via a new iPhone and Android app, which gives potential acts the opportunity to submit audition videos from their handheld devices.

This first-of-its-kind competition show app allows these users to record and upload a video directly to YouTube and submit it as an official ”America's Got Talent” audition.

(http://americasgottalentauditions.com/new/)
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

May 12, 2011, 03:52 PM

America's Got Talent Auditioning

It looks like you'll send in a video or submit a YouTube video for the audition.

Maybe your parents or friends own a camera that you can use to make your video. Whatever you do, make sure your parents help you. They'll know the best ways to keep you safe when sending videos to audition for talent shows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Singing [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Well I'm about to turn 14 and I really love to sing. But I'm really shy so I don't sing publicly. But I know to become a singer you can't be stagefright and stuff so I don't know if should just give up on singing or try to find a solution. And I know that I need to improve my...

Is singing for me? [ 10 Answers ]

;)Hey, I have posted a lot of things on here about songwrighting but, now I would like to move on into singing. I've been told by my best friend that I suck but, by others that I'm good. I thought I'd try chior and see if that would help; it has in ways but, not like I hoped. I began to use my own...

Singing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 13 years old and I look younger than my age.I don't think my voice sounds mature for my age.I happen to sound baby-like when I sing it tends to bring down my confidence.So now every time I sing its hard for me to believe I have a good voice. Everyone I have ever sang to though said I had a...

What is the name and who's singing [ 3 Answers ]

This song was playing at the end of a movie during the credits. Every now and then I get a clue Every now and then I feel the need Every now and then lightning finds you And turns your darkness into dreams Every now and then I think about you Every now and then tears roll by Every now and...

Singing as one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew the verse in Revelations were it talks about when we get to heven and we sing praise in one voice. I forgot were it was but I know its in Revelations. If someone could help me that would be great! Thanks -Fallen

View more questions Search