Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2011, 12:11 PM
    Can pregnancy cause paranormal activity??
    Any one that can shed light on this is very much appreciated but please spare me the religious talk :)

This is more of a wonder than a question. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and the past week I have been seeing quick shadows with the corner of my eye. I assumed it was tiredness. Then this morning while speaking to my mother, I'm 99% positive I seen a shadowy figure passing in the kitchen. Again, I thought it was just me. About ten minutes later, myself and my mother both heard a funny squeal in the room with us, (no one else was in the house) it sounded almost child like. And finally about an hour ago my dad came to my room and told me the extractor fan on the oven swtich itself on! He is quite sceptic and was even surprised by this.

None of these things have scared me, usually I'd be freaked out, I'm just wondering has anyone ever heard of strange things happening around pregnancy? My mother says a lot of unexplained things happened through all of her pregnancies.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 12:41 PM

Unfortunately the truth does hurt sometimes and I'm also an honest person. I think it's a mistake to request "no religious talk" when you post on a paranormal board.

This question on the pregnancy board would get different answers.

Here it is not unusual to answer questions about paranormal activities with advice to consult with a clergyperson. I don't know if you consider that to be religious advice or not but there it is. If your mother (of course, your father, too) is also experiencing these "experiences" and she is not pregnant I can assume this is NOT something in connection with your pregnancy.

That takes us back to psychic activity which takes us back to people who believe they can banish spirits - Clergypeople and/or believers.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2011, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    unfortunately the truth does hurt sometimes and i'm also an honest person. I think it's a mistake to request "no religious talk" when you post on a paranormal board.
    Ha
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 10, 2011, 05:03 PM
    My hands are really tied here with the "no religious talk" rule! But, with the question regarding spiritual matters... it's bound to come around to religious talk. But, I'll answer your question short and to the point... with (drum role please... ) NO RELIGIOUS TALK.

Can pregnancy cause or elevate spiritual activity? Possibly.

Now, see how terrible of an answer that was without being able to go into the how's and why's of it all.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 06:24 PM

Spirits , ghosts, entities , whatever they are called are believed to be able to feed off ,or use ,the energy emitted by people.

Anger and fear are two of the ones that are suppose to be the easiest for them to use.

Teenagers , especially girls are said to give off energy that attracts them.

And a lesser extent pregnancy is also included because of the hormonal changes that increase the energy output and the growing baby also is emitting energy.

First I would check the electrical system in the house. If there is something like a breaker box (where all the power to the house comes in) that is close to the living area would be suspect.
    The electromagnetic energy that they emit can cause anything from a feeling of uneasiness to nausea and dizziness because of the effect they have on the brain. These overt strong reactions are more from larger power sources than a house would have.
    But if there was a faulty connection that caused too much of a draw it would increase the emission.

Also try to remember if it happens at any particular time of day or is restricted to a certain area or areas.
    If it continues keep a notebook and record the date and time and some of the details.

From what you have said I assume that you saw this first and after you talked to your mom and dad , they then also saw this.
    When someone is made aware of things like this the brain can take things that are "everyday" and fill in some details to make it match what it is familiar with , and this too can looked at as a possibility of why they saw these also.

A switch can at anytime be bumped or brushed on and not noticed , but it was enough to turn it on, but a single occurrence is nothing to cause concern. If things like that start to happen often ,it is time to get into a more close inspection of what is happening.

There are countless instances of people seeing "shadow people" usually only a fleeting glance out of the peripheral vision.
    Investigation has only offered speculative explanations at best mostly involving how the brain filters and classifies the input from the ocular sense.

Many people report a "phase" where it occurs often but almost always stops after a short time of increased happening and leaving or causing no ill effects.

As it looks now I would say there is no outward indication that anything problematic is happening .
    There are still many things that may be involved but unless this increases or becomes more troublesome , or just causes you to worry , I am sure we can do whatever is necessary to take care of it.;)

I'd say to stop worrying about it and relax and take good care of yourself and that baby .:D
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2011, 12:33 AM

Guys the reason I said spare me the religious talk is because I am not a religious person and you guys would be wasting your time on me. And I don't want people wasting their time :) and I absolutely thank you for your in put and help :) :) I think you might be right Martin, I did tell my folks after I kept seeing things so maybe this is what's going on! :) we'll see!
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

May 11, 2011, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adviceishere View Post
    guys the reason i said spare me the religious talk is because i am not a religious person and you guys would be wasting your time on me. and i dont want people wasting their time :) and i absolutely thank you for your in put and help :) :) i think you might be right Martin, i did tell my folks after i kept seeing things so maybe this is whats going on! :) we'll see!
    At your service whenever the need arises.;)

Always a pleasure to work with one of our esteemed members.:D
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2011, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    At your service whenever the need arises.;)

Always a pleasure to work with one of our esteemed members.:D
    Lol Martin you are such a sweetheart,its also always a pleasure to get your advice. Couldn't give you another greenie though :( so ill make my own one BIG GIANT GREENIE FOR THE LOVELY MARTIN :D
    twitch615 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

May 17, 2011, 10:26 AM

It may be that things have always been around but your just noticing them because of your pregnancy. Then it realizes u've seen it and goes "now that I've got ur attention" Pregnancy hasn't caused paranormal activity, its just made you more sensitive to your surroundings. I'm a live and let live person. If it's not doing anything frightning, leave it alone. Kind of like when you see a bug outside..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible paranormal activity [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any information on paranormal activity at 275 south main street in pleasant gap, pa We are having some problems and need help!!

Paranormal activity [ 14 Answers ]

What could I do to find out if there's a ghost in my house

Hi paranormal activity or what [ 0 Answers ]

Hey I have these experiences I can sense things in the room woth me etc and I have a giant scratch running the length of my arm which I got unexplainably and lots of others in the house have the same cut in same place etc at the same time,also , recently my 'rents were discussing moving homes I...

Paranormal activity [ 11 Answers ]

In my apartment I have felt a pressence and was pushed out of bed the area where I feel it most is in my bedroom I cannot sleep in my home alone my electricity went out for three days in a row around the same time my cabinents open alone. What scares me is that it feels like its angry and my room...

More paranormal activity [ 4 Answers ]

I have an electronic woopee cusion that keeps going off by itself.. but it started doing this right after I stopped from practicing telekinesis today. What's happening? Any psychic help would be greatly appreciated... thank you and god bless.

View more questions Search