Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tttschoenhut Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 09:59 AM
    Can Defendant file request for admissions in small claims court Colorado?
    I'm being sued for a bad credit card in small claims county court in Colorado. I filed my answer with the clerk denying their claims. Does Colorado law require that they attach a copy of legal assignment of debt from Original Creditor? I cannot find this in the small claims rules. Their lawyer did not bring any of this proof to court when I asked him for it and he also told me it was none of my business when I asked to see the legal assignment showing they purchased this bad debt. I have to go back to court for trial and was also wondering if I can file a request for admissions or request for documentation before court? Please help as I cannot find much of these rules stated anywhere on here!
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 10:21 AM
    "Rule 501. Scope and Purpose
    (a) How Known and Cited. These rules for the small claims division for the county court are additions to C.R.C.P. and shall be known and cited as the Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure, or C.R.C.P. These rules are promulgated pursuant to section 13-6-413, C.R.S.
    Rule 510. Discovery and Subpoenas
    (a) Depositions, discovery, disclosure statements, and pre-trial conferences shall not be permitted in small claims court proceedings.
    ..."
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...kQL1aKKrMXSyPQ

May 10, 2011, 10:31 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    Thank you, I see they can't do discovery on me. That's comforting. :)
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tttschoenhut View Post
    ... Their lawyer did not bring any of this proof to court when I asked him for it and he also told me it was none of my business when I asked to see the legal assignment showing they purchased this bad debt. ...
    If you have raised this in your answer, and if he fails to prove this at the trial, it appears that the court should rule in your favor.

May 10, 2011, 03:28 PM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    Thanks so much! I did include that, he got really mean after that so I'm hoping it gets dismissed - thanks for your time I appreciate it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small Claims appeal in Texas, I am defendant, and want to file motion to dismiss. [ 5 Answers ]

I am a defendant in appeal to county court from small claims court in Texas. The JP granted appellant rights to property but dismissed their request for money due to lack of jurisdiction. So I want to file a motion to dismiss since the JP court lacked jurisdiction the county court lacks...

Small claims at show cause defendant claims he will file bancruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

At the show cause hearing, the defendant claimed they will be filing bankruptcy. The magistrate just said OK and scheduled another court appearance. Why did the magistrate not pressure a payment plan as bankruptcy has not yet been filed? Also, justice in America yet again... let me guess, we will...

Request for admissions for small claims court; can I write a written objection [ 3 Answers ]

I communicated in a letter to the attorney that I was having financial hardships and personal hardships(divorce in process) prior to him filing small claims against me. My letter stated I would contact him as soon as the divorce was final so we could try to work out some settlement. He never...

Request for admissions do I file answer with the court [ 1 Answers ]

I have been sent a "Request for Admissions" they sent by mail not certified, I have answered and sent back to them by certified mail, do I need to file this with the court?

Max to file in small claims court [ 3 Answers ]

What is the max you can file in small claims court for emotional distress?

View more questions Search