Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mreiman Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 08:02 AM
    My dog will not eat his but he will eat other dogs food
    I have a 15 week yorkie he will not eat his food but if I dump it on the floor he will but he does not eat all of it and it is hard to picup because it sticks to the floor but when I take him to my moms he eats all of her dogs food what should I do
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 08:10 AM

Make sure you get your mom to pick up her dogs food before you visit.
    Free feeding is a terrible idea. Dogs should have set times they eat, twice a day, puppies 3-4 times. Leave the food down for 10-15 minutes and anything that doesn't get eaten is picked up. They soon learn that if they don't eat it, they get nothing else.

As for not eating out of a bowl try feeding on a plate. My youngest doesn't like eating from bowls but will happily eat off a plate.
    mreiman Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 09:54 AM
    Comment on shazamataz's post
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog will not eat his food unless I add a hard cooked egg to eat is that Ok [ 7 Answers ]

My dog will not eat his dog food (Beneiful healthy weight) He is approx 18 lbs I have tried everything Now I finally got a flat plate put his dog food and other little flavors added olive oil a touch he nibbles but when I add a hard cooked egg he eat it all. Is it healthy for a dog to have a...

My dog stop eating his dog food or drink but he will eat table food [ 6 Answers ]

Last week we took a long road trip and took our dog with us. On the trip he eat his food with no problems but we did give him table food at times. Now he will not eat his food unless it's mixed with table food and he will no drink from his water bowl. Can you help? Should I take him to the vet?

Dog won't eat.her food. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, sneezers here. I have a 2 year old chi. I recently brought her back to my apartment as she spent a 2-month furlough at my parents' house while I was on a trip and in the process of moving... thought that she'd be more stressed out if we had movers in and out. Regardless, at my...

My dog won't eat his food [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Rhodesian/Lab he's 13 months. I did the mistake mixing some table food with his dry food. Now he won't touch anything regardless of what I put in front of him. He snubs it. He's not lethargic, he's very active, his bowels are normal, he drinks plenty. How do correct this? Or should he see...

My dog will eat anything but his food [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. My 5 month old puppy lately is not so much into eating his puppy food anymore. It will take him a few hours to even consider eating his food but he will eat and chew on stuff outside in the yard and whatever he can find! He was chewing on an apple and even eating sunflower seeds from the...

View more questions Search