Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taxazie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 07:14 AM
    Pcos
    I need to get pregnant now I have poly ovirian syndrome. Should I use herbs or clomid and metophine
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 07:46 AM

What does your Physician recommend? Do you belong to a support group and what does it recommend, what are the experiences of the other members?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 12:33 PM
    First you should speak to your doctor. Second you should check out SoulCysters.com: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment & Resources for tons of info about PCOS.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 10, 2011, 12:57 PM

If you haven't already, speaking to a doctor first is really the most important thing to do in your case because he/she can tell whether you are even able to conceive or if it would be wise to do so based on you condition.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 01:37 PM

I have PCOS.

I'm also pregnant---after 10 years of trying.

You NEED to see a physician about this, preferably a gynecologist that has plenty of fertility experience.

I don't understand why you need to get pregnant NOW--unless you are looking at losing both ovaries due to the PCOS. What you NEED to do is get your PCOS under control under the supervision of a physician.

As far as what you should use--that's going to vary a LOT based on YOUR health.

Please see a physician.
    taxazie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 01:00 AM
    Ihave been trying for ages to have a baby and now am desperate. Is it OK when to use herbs or I should use gyno
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 03:36 AM

While there are herbs that can sometimes be helpful, it will depend on each individual situation. Just as with medications, you don't want to take something unless you know it is what is going to help you specifically.

Some women, after speaking to their doctors, have tried herbal supplements before, or instead of, going to Clomid, but you really need to have some proper testing done to determine what would be best for your circumstances.

If you own doctor is not very knowledgeable on PCOS, or infertility, you may want to ask about having a referral to someone who is.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 11, 2011, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taxazie View Post
    ihave been trying for ages to have a baby and now am desperate.
    THAT is probably your problem more than the PCOS, assuming that "ages" is at least longer than a year.

I know it's impossible to stop thinking of the pink elephant in the middle of your kitchen table. ESPECIALLY since all you want is that pink elephant. But you HAVE to relax about it.

See a gynecologist first to get a professional opinion. But ALSO see a counselor who deals with fertility issues. If you can't get past the mental and emotional blocks, you'll have a much harder time getting pregnant.

You NEED to see professionals. Trying herbs or getting illegal clomid on your own isn't going to do you any good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pcos [ 2 Answers ]

I was told I had pcos years ago. Not really been treated for it. I went to the er the other day and they said I still had cysts. I have a lot of facial hair too and rarely get a period. Could it at all possible be anything other than pcos? And if pcos is treated, will facial hair go away?

Pcos [ 0 Answers ]

I hope someone could tell me a bit more about this... I have had pcos for the last 3 years and my periods have always been irregular, until 3 months ago I was guaranteed my period on the 8th of every month until now. I was due on the 8th of Feb. and had a active sex , and haven't had a period since...

Pcos [ 1 Answers ]

I am 24 and have been diagnosed with PCOS. I know that irregular cycels sometimes occur. I have dealth with that before, however I have not had a cycle in 6 months. I have taken a couple of pregnancy tests which have come back negative. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?

What is pcos [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have pcos? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I may have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)! I have never been checked for it but I seem to have a lot of the symptoms! # infrequent menstrual periods, no menstrual periods, and/or irregular bleeding # infertility (not able to get pregnant) because of not ovulating (not sure about...

View more questions Search