May 10, 2011, 05:36 AM
    I am a young lady in my mid twenties. Kind and really friendly and has been
    I am a young lady in my mid twenties. Kind and really friendly and has been
    Through so much. I so resent my mother’s family. Ill refer to my mother’s
    Siblings as follows
    B-female (Mother’s older sister)
    E-male (Uncle)
    E is the last born and we were living with him at my gran’s place. He just
    Used to bring different ladies (More than 20different) up until he got married
    In 2008. The wife was from a really disadvantage background and all she had was
    Some grey long skirt and big outdated shoes. My mother gave her some of her
    Clothes, night dresses and even bought her kid(from previous r-ship) clothes
    (before meeting him)and supporting them financially as my uncle’s wife only
    Got a job in 2008 as a security guard and she would even buy her nappies and my
    Uncle doesn’t earn a decent salary.. She started changing… Getting along
    With my mother’s sister (B) and bad mouthing us whenever she would visit her
    (she stays in the rural areas). And that house where she lives in a family
    House.
    Just recently my uncle wasn’t working and my mother would pay tuition fee and
    Help out whenever she could for my 15 year old cousin who attended a private
    School. Because my uncle’s wife couldn’t support her as she is her step
    Daughter.
    What happened is that my uncle borrowed R6000 from me in order to buy a car and
    I told him I don’t have it. He and the wife then started calling the sister(B)
    Telling her that impilo ayisekho mnandi (because I didn’t borrow him the
    Money)endlini thus my mother should move out and go rent a place as they cant
    Because they have a kid(which means me and my siblings we not that important, we can
    Go rent a place) .
    My mother is a single lady and she couldn’t afford getting her own house
    Besides, she tried and ended up being crooked by some family now she is paying
    4800 per month for a house she doesn’t stay in. she wanted me to get educated
    (and I did) so I could help her out. I feel it’s wrong to treat my mother this
    Way as my gran’s place it’s still her home (last born rule of saying the
    Last one inherits the house is unfair). How could they treat her this way?
    Especially after everything she has done for them? And isn’t that bo makoti
    Are supposed to bring peace and not cause more fights?
    We finally moved Aza and mama entered into another bond. I am thankful to God
    For that and am finally free. My problem is I can’t forgive. It has hurt my
    Mother so much Aza and as a result its hurting me I can’t forgive aunt B and
    My uncle and his wife because family is suppose to be there for you and not
    Hurt you. I keep wishing them bad things. I am a Christian but I feel can’t
    Heal up until something bad happens to them. Has any listener been hurt by
    Family. How did they get over it? Is this normal? I just want to move on and
    Concentrate on making new memories in the new house with my mother and my
    Siblings and have a relationship with God. If I don’t forgive I may pay the
    Price repeatedly by bringing anger and bitterness into every relationship and
    New experience. My life may become so wrapped up in the wrong that I can’tenjoy the present.
    Thanks in advance.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 05:51 AM

Where are you? I can't quite understand all of the problems.

As a side note I don't think it's "kind" or "Christian" (both words which you use to describe yourself) not to be able to forgive and to "keep wishing bad things" on your enemies.

I think you have to put this behind you and move on. Possibly that is easier said than done.

I'm not sure this shouldn't be on a religious board because I don't understand the terms you use.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

May 10, 2011, 05:57 AM
    Here it is... short and sweet. You say your life is better now that you moved and all that drama is in your past. SO MOVE ON! Choose and decide to let it go. It's in your power... you just haven't chosen it yet. DO IT! You say you're Christian and a believer in God... time to put your money where your mouth is. :) You wouldn't be the first to have to shake something off and "reboot".
    snowpink Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 06:22 AM

Thanks guys. Its just I feel maybe I would feel better if we all sat and talked about this as a family.

@Judy, I am in south africa. I meant that as a christian you come across such problems and thus start questioning other things.

Sorry I used south african language.

Bo makoti means sister in laws
    Impilo ayisekho mnandi means- life is not okay
    Thanks Sweet Dee. I needed to hear that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School movie from mid 90s... A young kid is on his grandpa boat... [ 2 Answers ]

The movie starts as this young kid is getting on his grandpa boat with his friends. Some how they end up at sea. The movie teaches you about the Mayans and Egypt. The movie I think was a box set like four or five movies in the set. I really want to find this movie or the name of it.

Mid to late 80's ww1/ww2 era movie about a young boy... [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie mid to late 80's I think. It was about a young boy who had lost his parents during a war and the young boy was hanging around a camp of soldiers. He wore a leather bomber jacket. He was pretty much on his own the entire movie. I can remember he ate a certain chocolate bar or...

There is this young girl who lives by the ocean, and wants to be older. The lady next [ 3 Answers ]

This is a fairly old movie (7-11 years old). It takes place by the ocean, and there is this young girl who wants to be older, and a neighbor next door who wants to be younger. One night they both wish for the same thing and there wishes are granted. The younger girl turns into a old lady, and the...

Looking for a movie: young painter falls in love with lady [ 4 Answers ]

hello everyone. I am looking for a movie and I just cannot remember the title. I can describe a scene. He is a young painter that falls in love with a beautiful lady married with a weirdo kind of guy=he is not a priest, but he doeas not want any kind of physical relationship with her.. not even...

An old gentleman with a beautiful young lady on his arm. [ 3 Answers ]

THIS IS A JOKE... Friday afternoon, an old man with a pretty young thing on his arm, walks into a jewelry store... he tells the salesman that he wants to see his most expensive and beautiful diamond jewelry. The pretty young girl picks out a pair of earrings, necklace, bracelet and ring that...

View more questions Search