Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chinleewan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 12:02 AM
    Miss up ssn on w-2
    I just got my w-2 and I just found out that my ssn is wrong,but my name is right. I need that fix, and my boss want to pay for 176.00 to pay for the payroll people to fix it... tHAT IS THE COST... I really don't have the money to get it fix... I was wondering if there any I could do about it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Excuse me. Did you give your employer the wrong info? If not, then you should not be responsible for THEIR mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong SSN on W-2s [ 2 Answers ]

I received my W-2s from my employer, but soon noticed that my Social Security Number was incorrect on them. How would I go about getting it fixed without having to launch an investigation or something else that would be really time consuming?:confused:

Wrong SSN on the W-2 form? [ 5 Answers ]

When I get my W-2 I did not pay attention that my SSN is mistaken. Do I have to declare this income when I file my taxes? I mean the company made the mistake and they are not willing to fix it. What to do? This is good for me bacause my income is getting lower,but I do not want any...

Spouse on H4, no SSN/ITIN [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was in USA on a H1B visa for close to six years, I got married in May 2005 and my wife accompanied me to the US for four months. We returned to our native for good in September 2005. I did not file for a ITIN/SSN for my wife during her stay. Can I file a joint return claiming her as...

F-1 OPT, SSN and Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This forum is very informative. Thanks for the input of Atlanta Tax Expert! I arrived in US in 1999 and I am on F-1 OPT since Sept 2005. I've heard that people on F-1 OPT are exempted from SSN and Medicare taxes. However, my employer said that since I've stayed in US for more than 5...

View more questions Search