Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hahhah Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 09:02 AM
    I need to find a transition strip to go from tile to polished concrete
    I have tile in my two bathrooms.
    I recently polished the concrete floors in the rest of my apartment.
    I need a metal transition strip to connect the tile from the bathrooms with the polished concrete floors.
    I have been in 100 stores and all the have that is similar to what I want is carpet-to-concrete... and that one is not high enough.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    HH
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2011, 09:07 AM

Surf this site for something that you like, they are one of the bigger tile related producers

May 9, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Will do.
    Thanks!
    HH
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2011, 10:13 AM

Da my bad, forgot to give you the link to Schluter http://www.schluter.co.uk/floor_trim_profiles.aspx

May 9, 2011, 12:44 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Still, no luck... I can't believe it... there are lofts everywhere... I'm sure other people need these transitions I'm looking for... or maybe I can start manufacturing them and become rich!!
    Thanks anyway,
    HH
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 01:02 PM
    If your tile is already in place it will be necessary to undercut the tile to fit the Schluter strip in. You can use one of the newer oscillating cutters and a carbide blade. If you need to undercut, make the groove a little bigger and pack in some Acryl Pro Ceramic tile adhesive in the slot and push the strip in. I have installed Schluter transitions for tile to concrete many times. HD has a bunch of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do a groutless polished marble tile counter top? [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a countertop in my master bathroom using 12"X12" polished marble tiles. I do not want a grout line, but I want the installation to be water resistant. Would it work to install using the butt joint method putting silicone between each tile, then go over the entire counter top with...

Transition Strip from Carpet to Tile [ 1 Answers ]

We have laid ceramic floor tiles next to carpet but the tiles are about 10mm higher and we would like to put a transition strip between them... does anyone know if it is possible to get these?

Tile to carpet transition - concrete floor. [ 3 Answers ]

I will be tiling in my basement, on a concrete floor. Would it be better to install backerboard under the tile to bring it up 1/4" or 1/2" to make the carpet/tile transition easier? Or should I lay tile on concrete floor and then transition it from that height? Any suggestions would be helpful. ...

Transition from travertine tile to stained concrete flooring [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently removed carpeting and padding from my main living area (gotta love having 3 dogs and a long haired cat!! ) and had stained concrete floors made, finished with a thick coat of epoxy (again, love those dogs). While I'm using quarter round trim to finish along the baseboards, I'm...

View more questions Search