Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anjelicam Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 07:55 AM
    Help me please.
    Hi, my name is Anjelica and I'm 16 and pregnant. Yes I know kind of young but I have a couple questions. I don't have medicaide WHAT SO EVER and I haven't went to ONE single dr appointment. Is there any type of dr I can go to that isn't all about medicaide? Cause I know I really needa go sum time soon.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2011, 08:07 AM

Get out your phone book and look up the OBs in your area and ask them if they take patients who do not have medicaid.

An Obstetrician is the type of doctor you need.

May 10, 2011, 07:54 AM
    Thankss. But the thing about that is I live in a small town with very little help.. And most things need medicaide. And my mother does not know I'm pregnant yet. But I'm planning on telling her sumtime soon. But I'm worried because she will take me from where I'm at and I'm doing perfectly fine here. I have a place to sleep, bathe, and eat.. That's all that should matter to a mom but unfortunately she don't care. She would want me to move with her.. But itz JUST HER and down here I have my boyfriend I've ben with for 3yrs and his willing father to help me. I also still go to skewl... So I don't see the point in her taking me. I visit her and do everything I'm suppose to down here the only problem is me getting medicaide its hard to go and qualilfy with skewl being in the way and what not.. Any advice? I really need some.
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 02:09 PM

It's school, not skewl. Remember you are going to be a parent now so you have to set a good example.

All doctors will take cash. Having medicaid is not a necessity. You can also check with your local health department.

I would also like to ask who actually has custody/guardianship of you? If it is your mother you may be required to go back home and this boyfriend and his father could be criminally charged with endangering a runaway... if indeed you did run away.

How did you get to be in another town with your boyfriend and not either of your parents?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 06:32 PM

Can you, your boyfriend, and his father afford to pay the doctor? If that may be a concern, look into applying for Medicaid again. Have you filled out the initial application for Medicaid? That would be the first step and you can download the application for your state online.

Before long you will learn that a mother will be concerned with much more than just a place to eat, bath, and sleep for their child, regardless of how old they may be. Call your mother. She will be able to help you along with your boyfriend and his father. Right now you need as much support and guidance as you can get. Speak to a counselor at school... or a trusted teacher. They will also be able to help you get set up with programs your state has to help expectant mothers.

As you get those things in order, be sure you are doing what you can to take care of yourself. Make healthy choices with what you eat, drink, and things such as being around cigarette smoke or drinking alcohol. Think of it as what goes into your body, goes into baby's.

May 11, 2011, 08:10 AM
    No I didn't runaway. Me and my mother have not even really had a mother daughter bond. She was in and out of jail since I was little. From those times I lived with my dad. He had it going for me. He didn't let me see my mom knowing the things she did. But my mother allowed me to be where I'm at with the acception of having an education. And my mother has custody of me. She knows my boyfriends dad well. And how I got to end up where I'm at is because she has a boyfriend that has done something's to me. I tried talking to her telling her how I do not want to be there and she still was keeping me there So I had no other choice but to run away so she told me to go back up there and talk to her. And I did so she let me stay where I wanted I know running away was not a good choice or a smart mature way to handle it but I'm not going to stay in the same house as her boyfriend. And as far as my father he passed away last year. So all my other family just gave up on me and we don't really keep in touch..

May 11, 2011, 08:18 AM
    No my boyfriend and his father cannot pay dr bills. They also isn't on medicaide so they pay there bills along with the ones they would have if mine were added. My mom usually sends me down money with the check I get from my dad. But its never the amount to pay for a dr bill. But I have applied for medicaide and I got no respond so I tried it again just no way to go over there with school in the way. And if you don't mind me asking what else would she worry about?. The advice your giving me is VERY helpful. Than you. And yes I agree I need as much help as I can get. But I just don't want to hurt her cause it hurts me also.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 11, 2011, 09:04 AM

Does your school have a school counselor or social worker?
    Expert

May 11, 2011, 01:44 PM

I would recommend you go to your local health department for prenatal care for the time being. It will most likely be free for you until your medicare kicks in.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 01:49 PM

I agree with Wondergirl. Speak to a teacher, counselor, or school social worker. As J_9 said, your local health department will also be able to help you. You will get help with the Medicaid situation as well as information on state programs that are available. The help is out there, sometimes you just need to know who to ask about it.

If you don't mind, what state are you in? We might be able to be more helpful with that information.

May 12, 2011, 07:42 AM
    Yes I have a counselor. Im going to talk to her today. Also I live in Carlsbad, New Mexico. Ive looked into health departments and they said I can't get the free medicaide until my mother agrees to it. Which that will be a hard situation case she won't do anything for me if I'm down here.

May 13, 2011, 05:51 PM
    I live in New Mexico.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search