Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Laser Printer
    I am getting to a point where I will be doing a larger amount of printing.
    A lot of it in black and white but some color. I have been using a Lexmark inkjet printer ( cheap walmart )

Someone suggested I buy a used laser printer ( on somewhere like ebay) and the toner cart is a lot cheaper per page.

I looked tonight on eBay and saw some printers like the HP4 and HP5p that I could get for under 100 used.

Does this sound like the right direction, any better or just other advice.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Jan 26, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Howdy:

Doesn't sound bad but make sure you can get replacement toner for it still..

I picked up an HP Color LazerJet 2500L new a couple years ago for $700 Canadian. Won't even hazard a guess at how much it has printed but still over 50% left in the black and color toner cartridges.

Murray
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jan 26, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I've seen b&w laser printers here in Canada on sale all the time, such as the Samsung ML2510, which was selling for $79 Cdn. At one time and had favorable reviews. The used HP4 and HP5 you mentioned are old models, toner availability is an issue, reliability of an used printer is also an issue.

For the amount of printing you mentioned, I think a new one is he way to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser eye surgery [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had it done and what are the benefits and/or side-effects of this type of procedure.After wearing glasses for 20 plus years and dealing with the problems of glasses, breakage,losing them,struggling to see without them when I wake up.. etc... I am thinking of having it done so I'd like...

Laser Printer not Printing [ 2 Answers ]

First of All MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.. Having problem printing on my HP 2600n Laser Jet Printer.. Tried re-connecting (USB) the printer but still no luck & it keeps on showing the OFFLINE status... Please advise...

View more questions Search