Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pepsi123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 03:56 PM
    the company stock is selling for 20 per share the company had total earnings of 40000

Problem 18-21 Stock dividend and its effect LO4
    Ace Products sells marked playing cards to blackjack dealers. It has not paid a dividend in many years, but is currently contemplating some kind of dividend.
    The capital accounts for the firm are as follows:

Common stock
    (2,000,000 shares at $5 par)
    $
    Capital in excess of par*
    Retained earnings
    Net worth
    $

*The increase in capital in excess of par as a result of a stock dividend is equal to the new shares created times (Market price - Par Value).
    The company's stock is selling for $20 per share. The company had total earnings of $4,000,000 during the year. With 2,000,000 shares outstanding, earnings per share were $2.00. The firm has a P/E ratio of 10.
    Requirement 1:
    What adjustments would have to be made to the capital accounts for a 10 percent stock dividend? Show the new capital accounts. (Omit the "$" sign in your response.)

Common stock
    (2,200,000 shares at $5 par)
    $

Capital in excess of par

Retained earnings

Net worth
    $
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2011, 04:42 PM

Please read this announcement.
    Announcement:

Have you read your textbook? You are right that part of the entry is 200,000 shares at $5 par. The entry for stock dividends is based on the number of shares issued, with 10% being considered a small stock dividend. If you'd like to post what you think is the correct answer, we will check it for you and confirm your understanding. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate stock price if Earnings Per Share increased by $1 [ 5 Answers ]

I've gone mad trying to answer this question. How do I calculate what the stock price will be if earnings per share increases by $1? The current closing price is $34.27 and the current PE ratio os 1.12.

Comparing bonds and stock( need to find out outstanding shares and earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

Burden Inc. is considering these two alternatives to finance its construction of a new $1.3 million plant: (a) Issuance of 232,000 shares of common stock at the market price of $11 per share. (b) Issuance of $1.3 million, 6% bonds at face value. Complete the table. (If answer is zero, please...

Company is an artificial person but why we called it joint stock company [ 2 Answers ]

It is called that company is an artificial person and we always use the word joint stock company for a company?

Calculating Earnings per Share for common stock [ 1 Answers ]

Net Income: $300,913 Avg. Outstanding common stock: 102,000 Preferred Dividends: $0 Amount shares are worth: Unknown - not given I keep coming up with 2.95 - is this correct?

Buying Stock From A Company That Is Absorbed By Another Company. [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in buying stock in a company that is struggling and may be bought by another company, or may file for bankruptcy. If I buy common stock from this company and they are absorbed by another company does my stock value immediately become the same value as the purchasing company? Also...

View more questions Search