Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherif_doidar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 12:22 AM
    fluctuation in voltage and frequency of gasgenerator
    I have a 3 gas gensets which has a problem of fluctuation in both voltage for about 6 to 8 voltage and fluctuation in frequency for about 3 to 4 Hz please advise for this genset and if this problem is related to AVR only or may it related to the governor also as this genset has an electronic governor
    Also I need to add that the type of load that we have in this site is not stable and variable load (sucker rod) and also we have low PF for about 0.55
    In this site we have other types of gensets and not suffering for this problem and these other engines have a mechanical governor

Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

May 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
    I do not have enough details to answer this properly, however, you may have a problem due to the type of load you have on this machine. Electronic controls for generator sets today us zero crossing to determine the appropriate frequency. If you have three phase or single phase rectifiers as the major load, voltage notching caused by semiconductor commutation could cause the frequency variation which in turn affects the load impedance thus changing the output voltage. Look for this type of loading characteristic and add filtering as needed to the voltage sensing circuit of your generator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why uplink frequency is greater than down link frequency [ 2 Answers ]

Why uplink frequency is greater than downlink frequency?

Fading fluctuation voltage generator solution [ 0 Answers ]

Here in our city we have a supplier company of elect. Power supplies for about 12 hour and the remaining 12 hour are supplied from individual generators . But the voltage of generators is fluctuating causes fading in lights and other devices can not work. This is maybe due to common neutral(the...

View more questions Search