Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papagreg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2011, 05:36 PM
    Sears lawn tractor
    My tractor starts and runs until I engage the clutch, then it stalls, as soon as I push the clutch back in, it will keep running, also, when I get off the seat it continues to run, which it shouldn't, any ideas?

Clutch/brake safety switch?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 7, 2011, 05:49 PM

Is the tractor in neutral or in gear when you let the clutch out, try neutral and tell us if it still stalls. You do have a seat safety switch issue since it should kill the engine the moment your butt comes up but it is not what's causing the clutch problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubleshooting Sears Lawn Tractor [ 10 Answers ]

Troubleshooting Sears LT with a 17.5 2006 B&S Engine.Unit won't start. Isolated problem to fuel solenoid on bottom of carb. How is the solenoid wired into the system? Is there an interlock safety switch that might be the culprit?:confused:

Sears Lawn Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the blades. One side cuts lower than the other?

Sears lawn tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Engine will not start, turns over very weakly with a fully charged battery. When the spark plug is removed it turns over very well. Put the plug in and it does not turn over. Sometimes you can tip off the spark plug with gas and it will crank right up?? Engine will not start, turns over very...

Sears lawn tractor brakes [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old (1980) sears 12 hp lawn tractor at my summer home that lost its brakes all of a sudden. I do not have the model number or anything but it is the old style gray sears tractor that you see all the time. It has a 4 speed manual tranny. When you push in the brake/clutch, it does not...

Sears lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how to replace belt on sears ss/16 twin lawn tractor this is a older mower.

View more questions Search