Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dooragentshawn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Sell my 79 mobile home without a title is that illegal?
    Can I sell my 79 mobile home without a title my younger brother bought it two years ago and gave it to me he paid 4 thousand for the mobile home along with the movement with the trailer move I am trying to sell it for 600 but all he got was a bill of sell
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2011, 03:02 AM
    With no land?
    I think this is a vehicle question. Each state has different laws about titles needed or not depending on age. 1979 might be old enough. Try your state website (state.gov) and look for DMV information. Answer back if you can't find it, or call them.
    As far as deeds and permits to place on land and live in, the buyer needs to check with his town hall before he buys.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2011, 04:25 AM

You may sell it, but remember, if someone with the real title shows up and claims it is there, you will need proof of purchase going back to the "owner"

The bill of sale will need to state that it is being sold without any title or warranty and that the buyer assumes all responsibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sell mobile home with no title through an escrow company with land? [ 0 Answers ]

Can I sell mobile home with no title through an escrow company with land?

Mobile Home on 11 acres is an illegal rental [ 8 Answers ]

I have rented a mobile home on 11 acres for the last 7 years. Back in November of 2009, the well collapsed on the property and the landlord did nothing to replaced the well. She was advised the day it happened and repeatedly. She took 3 lavish trips to China, Vietnam & Germany, yet did nothing...

Is it illegal for a dealer to sell me a car with no title? [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a vehicle from a dealer in Las Vegas and the title is at the previous owners credit union. I contacted the dealer and have been lied to several times about the delivery of the title. It has been almost 3 months and they have not produced the title, the law is 30 days. The dealer did not...

How to sell mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

I want to sell my mobile home but I still owe on it and do not have a title but the business I am bying it from closed how can I sell it and clear my name from it

Califorina mobile home will not sell [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some advise on this matter. My father died a year ago march. I handled his affairs, he lived in a Mobile home park, I continue to make the $450 per month payments Under his name in hopes of selling it fast... I dropped the price 17k. Lowest in the park. In 16...

View more questions Search