Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SkipW Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2011, 06:11 PM
    Adapter for new California Gas Pump Nozzle to fit ' 74 Chevy Truck
    All the stations now have nozzles with an angled rubber collar to better fit the current vehicles. Old vehicles like my Chevy have gas caps and filler tube openings flush with the body, not angled like the newer vehicles. I am now filling a gas can and then pour into the truck. Anyone know of an adapter so I can go back to filling the truck the normal way? I can cobble something together but would prefer to purchase something already available.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 5, 2011, 07:47 PM

Bring your old Chevy truck back to Texas and you won't have that problem.

May 5, 2011, 09:01 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    Tex, thanks for your tip, but history says you'll have the same challenge eventually. Sorry! So, if you know of a solution I'd be happy to hear it. I still like to visit Texas!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2011, 03:07 AM
    A short piece of flexible plumbing hose? A flexible funnel?

May 6, 2011, 07:57 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Since I haven't yet heard of an adapter from anyone, the hose sounds like the best solution.
    Thanks... Skip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1988 chevy truck starts fine, put it in gear and it dies unless you mash the gas [ 1 Answers ]

Chevy 1988 truck 5.0 My truck will start and run, but once it is warmed up and you put it in drive or reverse it dies, it will not stay running. If you put it in neutral or park it idles fine. If you put it in drive and stomp the gas it will drive, but when you come to a stop sign it will die,...

Changing fuel pump in gas tank of 1994 Chev truck [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to completely remove the bed from my 1994 Chev 4X4 truck in order to get to the gas tank to change the fuel pump? Do I have to then take the tank off? My Hanes manual doesn't cover any of this.

Changing fuel pump in gas tank of 1994 Chev truck [ 2 Answers ]

The windshield wipers quit working on my 1994 Chev truck. You can hear the motor trying to run when you switch it on. If you raise the hood and smack it a couple of times with the handle end of a large screwdriver, they'll start working, for a while. W hat do I need to replace or fix?

1989 chevy truck spark&gas won't start [ 1 Answers ]

HI. ALL.I have a 1989 chevy cheynne truck.new wires ,spark plug's,this cap.WORKED Like a timex 1 day,next day won't start.has spark,poured gas in carb.WONT OFFER OR GO PUT ON NEW COIL New ing modgle.wont go.when you turn key,dash has seat belt,and battery,in red that is all.can you advice.thanks.

1989 chevy truck spark&gas won't start [ 2 Answers ]

HI. ALL.I have a 1989 chevy cheynne truck.new wires ,spark plug's,this cap.WORKED Like a timex 1 day,next day won't start.has spark,poured gas in carb.WONT OFFER OR GO PUT ON NEW COIL New ing modgle.wont go.when you turn key,dash has seat belt,and battery,in red that is all.can you advice.thanks.

View more questions Search