Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtgator Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Fan and compressor not turning on outside
    You can hear click outside but nothing turns on
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

May 4, 2011, 06:33 PM
    What kind of click are you hearing? Your compressor could be burnt up, this has happened to ours recently. Have you had a thunderstorm or severe power surge recently? Try resetting the breaker to the unit and see if that helps first, other than that I'm not sure. Hope this helped.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 03:28 AM

Check for fuses in the outdoor disconnect.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ac works fine, but compressor fan not turning back on after it cycles off once [ 7 Answers ]

Having a problem with my ac compressor fan. Unit starts fine and produces nice cool air. Problem comes when it reaches thermostat temp after a few hours and it cycles off. When the temp rises a few degress and tries to cycle back on, the compressor fan won't turn and it makes a humming noise...

Heat pump outdoor fan runs not compressor voltage at compressor good. New compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new compressor. Just replaced fan runs compressor does not, have voltage at the compressor plug? What could stop from coming on high side and low side equal at 100psig.

Amana air conditioning compressor fan runs but compressor does not [ 9 Answers ]

I have an Amana Model RCE30A2B Compressor unit installed it is about 6 years old, the compressor will not cut in when demanded yet the cooling fan for the unit does

AC Hear compressor but the fan not turning [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old Trane central AC unit. After I turn on the AC, I hear a loud noise and when I go check, the compressor is on but the fan is not moving. I had a guy come change the motor and capacitor, but shortly after the fan stopped moving. I tried turning it off and waiting. Later on, I...

Compressor not turning on, non fusable switch? [ 3 Answers ]

Our 1 year old Rheem is not turning on at all. Only the fan runs. My father suggested changing out the fuses but we have a non fusable pull out switch. Does anyone know if that every needs to be replaced?

View more questions Search