Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlnextdoor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Unrequited Love or More?
    About 1 year ago, I met a guy, 'Tom', who after about 6 months, I realized I cared for deeply. The trouble is we live 8 hours away from each other. That summer, we finally told each other that we wanted to be together (only over texts though, he's quiet.) During that time (I was so happy) he was so sweet, but I was back home taking a summer class. When I returned to Tom's hometown, he told me he was 'head over heels' for my friend, though she had no interest in him and there was absolutely no warning. He had even told her that he wanted to be with me earlier.

It seems to be a love/hate relationship and he has told his present girlfriend about me (enough I guess to make her dislike me.) I feel so connected to him and I don't understand him. Some of my friends have told me that he's isn't good enough for me, he is an exercise rider and I will be going to graduate school in the fall. Does anyone have any advice? What is he thinking and what can I do to get him back or are my friends right?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jan 25, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Forgive me for stating what I think is the obvious but Tom sounds a wee bit fickle? If he wanted you, then he'd be making tracks in your direction, right? That he has engaged the feelings of both you and your friend and has a girlfriend now doesn't exactly make brownie points in the book of romance either.

Could you ask yourself this: why do I want someone who doesn't want me? See what comes of that when you really dig for the answer. Check yourself esteem in this too, while you're at it, okay? It may be unrequited love but even that has to pick up its pride and head for greener pastures at some point... just a few thoughts to ponder here that I hope were helpful.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
    I'd be inclined to agree with your friends on this one. He sounds like a wish-wash without any real backbone. I don't think there's much potential there. I think it's best for you to move on and forget about Tom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it OK to be I love at 14? [ 45 Answers ]

Is it OK to be IN LOVE at the age of fourteen? Is that a bad thing? :confused:

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I love this boy that doesn't love me. [ 18 Answers ]

There is a boy I met that I think I fell in love with. He is a really good guy. He likes me back but he recently got a girlfriend that he loves. I don't know should I move on or what... :confused:

Not in love [ 2 Answers ]

My wife's mother died earler this year leaving us with lots of many long and emotional problems ,like her son who is now 6 and we are still fighting for custerdy other with her older sister we are winning,but on going away this weakend to to take the 6 year old to stay with his older sister and...

View more questions Search