Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Pictures stuck in thumbnails
    My husband was trying to copy some of my photos that were downloaded on my computer onto a disk. Some how he turned them into thumbnail sizes and I don't know how to get them back to regular size (or if there even is a way)
    The photos ended up with really strange names too like ~acebb2e7dc441c569a929b4... What happened? Please any advise?
    Thanks
    Kae
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
    I think to bring back the pictures in to the normal size, would click on view on the toolbar and then select what you want ( small icons, list and details) it should help, don't know how to resolve the second part of the question. ~1234.. shows when the files are open or I think corrupted, but don't know I this case.

Hadi88
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Soounds like he has some software that creates thumbnails. Shouldn't have changes the original ones though.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Thank you for your responses hadi88 and scottgem
    I found out last night that he was trying to back up my computer which he did successfully, but for some reason one folder containing about 60 pictures was permanently altered somehow. All other picture folders are fine.
    Strange...
    Thanks again,
    Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see pictures. [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody please help. When I download some pictures I get a blank box with a red cross in the top left corner. Can anybody advise me. Thanks. Jim.

Can't View Photo files as thumbnails [ 4 Answers ]

I am running Windows ME and my picture files can no longer be viewed as thumbnails. When I select "Thumbnails" under "View", the thumbnail shows as the icon of the program I am using for viewing and editing. Any reason for this and how can I remedy it?

Thumbnails [ 3 Answers ]

Win2K PRO : Usually my photo folders show the thumbnail images upon opening a folder. Now for some reason they do not, When in "VIEW" I go from chking large icons to thumbnails. They still do not show. Would like to see t-nails of photos in the folder, makes for easier selection process. Can any...

View more questions Search