Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

May 4, 2011, 08:11 AM
    How much will a new garage door cost
    Does anyone know an estimate of how much a new 2 car garage door and installation is in south fl? Thanks!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 4, 2011, 10:17 AM

You also might want to add if you want a standard type door or an insulated one. And if it's a 7 foot high door or a 9 foot high one.

Those will affect prices a noticeable amount.

No I don't do that for a living there... but I have done my own and those can effect the price by several hundred dollars in material costs. Labor should be the same on any of those.
    Tommyjo206 Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

May 6, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Smoothy is correct. I work at Lowe's in Illinois (14 years) and get this all the time. You can call a Lowe's or Home Depot since both do installs for a quick rough labor quote. Either place will be able to give the price of the door. You will need to have the opening width, height, how far from the top of the opening to the rafters. Will you want an insulated door? Will you want windows? A basic non insulated 16'x7' garage door with no windows can run $300-$600. Insulation or windows will be more. Install from a big box retailer can be $300-$500. Independent installers are less but the rates will vary region to region.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 6, 2011, 05:07 PM

A very nice Dalton door from Lowe's runs about $1800 and they can give you an install price over the phone. As others have pointed out windows and trim packages can boost the price. For $1800 I got thermopane windows and carraige door hardware, looks great
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 6, 2011, 05:14 PM

Just to add... being in Florida, you will also want to check the wind code for your area. You may even want to bump it up to the next level from what is required even if you are inland.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Craftsman Garage Door Opener light not working after new door installed [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Model 139.18054 Garage Door Opener and the light has been working since it was (professionally) installed 7 or so years ago and up to last Monday when I had a new garage door installed. The installer said they did not do any thing to the unit except attach new safety sensors and...

How to build an interior wall inside garage without removing the garage door [ 5 Answers ]

I want to build a wall inside my 1 car garage, I have flooring down already with those 2ftX 2ft squares with plastic on the bottom and click together wood flooring on top. I can't (because of condo docs) remove the garage door.. but I want to make this into a bedroom. Myidea is to seal the garage...

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search