Ask
    terrislbowen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Can fbi records be expunged
    Fbi record expungment is it possible
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 4, 2011, 07:44 AM

Why is the first question. Second is what type of offense, and what was the outcome in court?

Your answer can range from a solid NO... to it depends. If its in a certain part of the "it depends" area... how much are you willing to spend... and do you have friends in high places?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2011, 08:47 AM

NO, that is easy,

What is explunged is the conviction and you do that at the court where you were convicted.

Once that is done, Your FBI ( actually it is NCIC and not really FBI) Plus there is also now a separate National Security data base.
    But once the court explunges your record, the FBI file adds a note that the conviction was explunged.

The actual record is never deleted from either court or NCIC record, it is merely flagged that the court explunged it.

Thus Police, national security records and some state agencies can see it but can not act on it since it was explunged.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 4, 2011, 09:04 AM

I stand corrected... go by what Fr_Chuck stated... the FBI is not a local court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expunged records/FBI search/fingerprints [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested 5 years ago for petit theft in Florida- I was not a minor. At the time of arrest I did not have a mugshot and was not fingerprinted. Since that time, I completed pretrial diversions, my record was expunged & sealed and no other incidents have occurred. I am currently in PA, working...

How do I get my fingerprints expunged from FBI records? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a software engineer who used to work in Defense. I previously had a Top Secret SSBI security clearance. As such, the FBI has my finger prints on file. I remember when I was investigated for the clearance I was told that I could have the finger prints expunged in the future. I no longer do...

Fbi records expunged for non convictions [ 1 Answers ]

Here's my situation... I was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor theft many years ago. Further investigation revealed that the evidence did not support the charge, so the prosecutor dropped the charges and we had the arrest records expunged. Fast forward to last year and I applied for a CCW...

Arrests that had been expunged from FBI [ 9 Answers ]

Hello and good afternoon. Back in NY in 1996 I was charged with a class b misdemeanor but pled guilty to a non-criminal offense, known as a 'violation"(not a fingerprintable offense) in NY state. I paid a $50 fine, received a conditional discharge, and my criminal records were sealed as per 160.55...

View more questions Search