Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    porto2009 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 07:17 AM
    My girlfrien dumped me, what should I do to get her back?
    Me an my girlfriend had I fight two weeks ago. She was distant and different (in fact she was stressed and had problems at home) and I told her that if she wasn't happy with me she should break up and stop acting like that.
    She was upset with me but then I started acting clingy and sending text messages trying to explain why I said that (I know big mistake).Also before the fight I wanted to be all the time with her and I know she felt pressure (also big mistake and one of the reasons she broke up, I think) We haven't seen each other since and she had been ignoring me for one week and yesterday she told me she wanted to break up because she has no time anymore and she doesn't feel the same way about me anymore. I know this was my fault and I apologized to her but she said she just doesn't love me anymore but I know that's not true. What can I do to get her back??
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 4, 2011, 07:27 AM

Nothing. And do not be naïve enough to think that it was what you said or what you did weeks ago (funny that all these 'mistakes' are evident once a break-up is involved).

She moved on for her own reasons, no one can tell you those and you trying to fill in those blanks will either A) lead to nothing B) lead to you emabarassing yourself and regretting it later C) constitute a tremendous waste of time or, may fav, all of the above.

Actually, she told you why she is breaking up with you and it involves none of the reasons you mentioned. You then purport to know that her reason are not the correct reasons and that perhaps yours 'fit' better. No, no. They only fit better because if they are as you say you may have a glimmer of hope as opposed to what she has stated in which you have no hope.

Move on and away from her, friend.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

May 18, 2011, 01:39 PM
    We haven't seen each other since and she had been ignoring me for one week and yesterday she told me she wanted to break up because she has no time anymore and she doesn't feel the same way about me anymore.
    There is your answer. Do not try and get her back. You'll be putting a lot of effort into nothing. I would suggest looking into the "No Contact" rule if you haven't already (search for it on this site, it has a lot of good tips).

If she wants you back, the No Contact Rule is a good way to initiate it, but do not expect her to take you back.
    I am very sorry for your breakup, but it's best to move on now.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2011, 12:44 PM
    You need to keep your distance for a while if there is any chance at all, of you two getting together again.That means no texts,calls or brief meetings just to talk things through, in fact zero contact.

It's clear she needs space and it may be after a while things may turn around for you both, but at the moment, your relationship is clearly over in her eyes, there seems to be lots of pressure right now from various angles, you must walk away, let her be her own person and you do the same, I know it will be hard but this will get much more painful if you don't.

There is nothing that you can do right now, respect her wishes and who knows, when the pressure she is under subsides and she is able to think more clearly you just might have a chance... but she must come to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He dumped me I want him back [ 6 Answers ]

I was with my boyfriend for 4 years.. things we good till this year.. he was more distant, always angery. Which got me mad too and we start arguing.. he was busy all the time.. he saw me once a week and didn't text much (before he would text like 20 times a day and call). He was changing slowly and...

Girlfrien eviction in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about having my girlfriend move out.. She been living with me for about a year in Florida.. she wants her daughter to move and I don't want her here

My boyfriend dumped me and I want him back how do I get him back? [ 6 Answers ]

:( My boyfriend dumped me because I was always arurging and he dumped me and I want him back but the only thing is is that he has a new girlfriend and I've told him I've changed but he does'tn kown how to break up with her. How do I get back together with him? :confused:

I dumped him and I want him back! [ 5 Answers ]

At the start of the year this really cute guy, who was my friend, asked me out. He really really liked me then and I really REALLY liked him too! We did everything together and we were going out for a few months until I started liking my ex crush! I don't know what I was thinking but I dumped him...

View more questions Search