Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mreilly615 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 05:15 AM
    Furnace blower kicks on even when the thermostat is in the off position.
    In the spring and fall when the heat and air are off the blower on the furnace will kick on and blow cold air. It has started doing it now with the heat on. After the temp has been reached and the blower kicks off, a while later the blower will kick on and blow cold air but the temp on the thermostat is at the correct temp. The furnace is a Janitrol and is 14 years old.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 03:31 AM

What is the model # of the furnace?

May 7, 2011, 04:15 PM
    The model number is GMPN080-4. Serial number 96018 26194. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2011, 09:59 PM

It sounds like either a problem with a limit circuit component or the circuit board. How long have you experienced this situation?

May 8, 2011, 07:28 AM
    About a month

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower kicks on but heating element doesn't turn on [ 0 Answers ]

Led on board reads normal but it just hums until I wiggle a limit switch wire then blower will kick on but heating elemt doesn't activate so it just keeps blowing cold air

Furnace blower kicks out [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace kicks in heats up and then when blower kicks in it kicks out with in a few seconds (5 or 6) what else could I say that would help?

Furnace burner cuts off when blower kicks in [ 7 Answers ]

It's a Goodman GUPI100-4. Everything appears to work right until the furnace blower kicks in. Then the burner shuts off and the blower fan continues to run until I guess it cools down to its limit. After a minute or two it goes through the same cycle. HELP.:)

Coleman Furnace blower kicks on and off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Coleman model DGAT070BDE that is 9 years old. It has suddenly started acting strange. The blower motor will kick on and run for about a minute, then shut off for about 5 minutes and start all over again until I shut off the power to the furnace. The thermostat is not calling for heat as it...

Blower motor runs constantly with thermostat in Off position [ 2 Answers ]

The original problem was that periodically the blower motor would stop running when cooling which caused the outdoor unit coil/condenser to freeze up. If I cut the unit off, let it melt, turn it back on, it would run fine for a period. That period could be 3 hours or 3 days. After taking a...

View more questions Search