Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 04:39 AM
    Power problem
    I have a compaq presario sr1303wm desktop PC.the trouble I am having is when I turn my PC on it turns right off,then I have to unplug it to get the green light on the back to come on HELP
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 4, 2011, 08:38 AM

Sounds like a power supply, check the seating of cables from the power supply to the mother board and other items. Then check whit the manufacture and see if there is a firmware update available.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 5, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Most modern PC's have a safety that detects if the CPU is getting too hot and turns the PC off to keep it from frying. Take a look inside your case at the CPU's cooling fan and heat sink fins. If they're really dirty and blocked with pet hair or dust you need to blow it out with canned air to get your cooling back or if the fan is slow or not moving at all it may need to be replaced or unblocked (I have seen stuff get in the fan blades and stop them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panasonic TV power problem [ 1 Answers ]

Panasonic TV # CT32HXC43G powers on clicks then powers off (click again) red light flashes on power button... could this indicate a fuse , power supply (technitian) and or is the blinking light meant to be a code?

Car power problem [ 2 Answers ]

My car have no power at all. No lights, no horns, and no ignition when I tried to start. What cause this?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Power Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp breaker that is powering a portion of my pool house. I am having a problem with the circuit breaker popping without anything plugged in to the outlets. I also have a GFI outlet which is my first outlet in the string and that is not popping first. Any idea on what I need to check...

99 Accord Power Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new battery (and tried 2nd one)... Car won't start, won't crank, nada. The dome light comes on (weak) & idiot lights come on when turning ignition - but, again, are weak. Headlights don't come on. Having tried/checked voltage on 2 batteries - I know that there is juice. I've...

RCA power problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an RCA model# 32V550T television and am having a problem with the power shutting off. I am using a surge protector and the sleep timer and "kidpass" are not set so those can't be causing the problem. Turning it on "cold", it will play for about an hour. I can turn it on immediately but every...

View more questions Search