Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maninthehat Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 01:03 AM
    A really good friend confessed feelings for me, they are mutual, but she's got a boyfriend
    Me and her go way back. Now suddenly she comes clean that she has always wanted more, and god so have I.. And I let her know that. But... She's got a boyfriend she loves. I want to build on it but am I wrong to keep hinting on our feelings for each other right now? I don't plan on actually doing anything to make her cheat but should I keep the conversation alive while I wait them out? Should I be telling her things I've always liked about her every so often?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 4, 2011, 01:49 AM

'She's got a boyfriend that she loves'-so she's off limits and her mentioning 'wanitng more' to me indicates her playing with fire.

You don't wait people out,you go live your own life.

If in the future she were to break up with the boyfriend,you still don't push your case-rebounds are often messy and seldom work.

Chances are,if that were to be a future scenario,that you'll have already moved on to someone available.

May 4, 2011, 07:03 AM
    Ill definitely live my own life and it will be up to chance to a certain extent in the future of course. But just not sure if I should leave it alone till then and hope I get lucky, or keep pestering it with cleaver words and all. I'm sure everyone has a situation like this at some point in life so instead of leaving it be, did you make it go one way or the other?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 4, 2011, 07:21 AM

Me,I would just leave it-taken=off limits.

No clever words,no nothing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 4, 2011, 09:23 AM

I leave girls with boyfriends alone, friends okay, romance oh hell no! Then I go have my own fun without them. Foolish to wait for something to fail, and even more foolish playing with fire, and its dumb and foolish to waste time and clever words on a female that has a guy already.

She has a guy who she loves but listens to your clever words, and flirts back, she would do that if you were her guy too! More likely, she is playing with you, like you are playing with her. And you take it seriously? Get real!

How old are you my young Romeo?

May 4, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Originally Posted by talaniman
    I leave girls with boyfriends alone, friends okay, romance oh hell no! Then I go have my own fun without them. Foolish to wait for something to fail, and even more foolish playing with fire, and its dumb and foolish to waste time and clever words on a female that has a guy already.

She has a guy who she loves but listens to your clever words, and flirts back, she would do that if you were her guy too! More likely, she is playing with you, like you are playing with her. And you take it seriously? Get real!

How old are you my young Romeo?

Mid 20s. Not taking it to serious you know, just want to keep a spark there, but I guess making that effort isn't where I should be thinking
    Sumitkumar7266 Posts: 91, Reputation: 48

May 5, 2011, 04:27 AM
    Well said Talaniman:

I want to add one sticky which will be very helpful for you.Go through this.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating/guidlines-what-do-do-if-person-like-already-relationship-463250.html
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 06:59 AM

No need to make the effort my friend. It has already been made known you both have feelings for each other, I doubt making flirty comments back and forth will suddenly bring worlds together.

The others have given great advice as usual. It's always fun to flirt with someone once you know they like you, there is a feeling of power from both parties now. It is also really fun to flirt with someone you know you can't have, at least for now. But fun doesn't mean right, and I've learned that the hard way.

She has a boyfriend, but she does like you. Congrats on that as it is a good feeling, but stay classy and allow her to live her life and see this relationship through, without your flirtatious comments or playful demeanor. No need to light a spark as it may start a fire you could regret.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 04:30 PM
    Boyfriend means she is off limits. Live your life and do your own thing, maybe one day she will become available and you will be available as well and something could be done then. Leave her alone for now and respect her relationship.

Good luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I confessed my feelings to a guy and got no response? [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently confessed that I have feelings for someone via email (I know I know) I told him I had a crush on him and I know I shouldn't. I also stated that I didn't need him to respond I just needed to get how I felt out in the open so I could move on. The IM's and text messages exchanged...

Friend confessed feelings [ 65 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to the boards and find myself in a bit of a pickle. I've recently got out of a long term relationship and am still in the recovering period - I'm not over her. I took the break up pretty hard and have been leaning on the people closest to me pretty heavily recently.To add insult...

Me and a good friend of mine are very close and we started to have feelings [ 2 Answers ]

We started to have feelings we have been messing around for 3 months now and he always wants me close he doesn't want to share me and he has told me before that he wants my care my true care that other girls didn't give him. He had a lot of hard breakups and a very difficult life. And I have always...

I just confessed my feelings to a coworker [ 10 Answers ]

Some coworkers and I all went out for a friends birthday. My best friend at work and I drank a lot and I ended up taking her to my place. When I took her to my bed She was very reluctant and I was semi persistent at what I wanted at that moment. I asked her if she wanted me to stop she then took ...

View more questions Search