Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottyt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 03:25 PM
    New toilet drain pipe question-HELP!
    Hello,

Im about to convert the old laundry room into a new .50 bath. My only question is my biggest problem how to run the toilet drain pipe. The room is sitting on slab. So my plan was to cut out the toilet amount of concrete for the drain pipe to sit down in. Otherwise I would have to raise that floor etc. and don't want that.

My question is, can I have an initial horizontal run say about 3-4 feet to get that pipe out of the back of the house? The room is located on the main floor backside. Then a 45 elbow into a vertical drop and then start another run on slight downhill and tie into the exsisting waist pipe outside. Were on a septic.

Any help on this would be awesome!

Thanks,
    ST
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 26, 2007, 09:08 AM
    "can I have an initial horizontal run say about 3-4 feet to get that pipe out of the back of the house? The room is located on the main floor backside. Then a 45 elbow into a vertical drop and then start another run on slight downhill and tie into the exsisting waist pipe outside."

Please rephrase the question. Ya lost me with the first 45 and I don't understand anything after that. Are you asking if you can run out the back and connect to the sewer line leading to the septic tank? Will there be a lavatory in your 1/2 bath? Please post your question again. This time with more details. Also what about a vent?Regards, Tom
    scottyt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Hey Tom,

Thanks for reading my post. Sorry for any confusion. Venting is not an issue. I can get that done. Yes there will be a lav. NO shower or tub.

As wrote, my main question being the initial run from the toilet. I have to break up slab in the room to allow for the piping to sit properly, lower than the current floor . So on that run, can it be a straight horizontal for 2-3 feet to get that pipe out the back out the house? Once outside then attach a 45 elbow, taking the waist vertically downward and taping into the main.

Or from what Im reading, you should have 1/4" drop per 1 foot of run. I just need to know if that slope has to start immediately from the toilet. If so then I have to dig further down in the slab to accommodate for that, which sucks. So be it if so. Sure would be easier of a dig if I can just do the 2-3 foot horizontal.

I hope this helps, hard to describe. I have been reading all your posts from other messages. And personally want to say thanks to you for your knowledge and answers to me and others. People rarely take time in this world to do what your doing with our compensation!

Scott
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 26, 2007, 09:44 AM
    If you're tight on slope you may reduce to 1/8th" per foot but ALL drainage HAS to have slope. You may 45 down to pick up the main as you've described. Your lavatory will vent out the roof and the lavatory drain connect into the toilet drain line where it will wet vent the toilet. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tapping in new drain pipe to old sewer pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a new tub and shower in my basement. The old shower in the basement drained through a pvc pipe that ran on top of the basement floor directly to our floor drain. I have excavated a channel from the proposed tub site to the sewer pipe running from the first floor toilet to the...

How to remove a bathroom drain pipe with popup drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am repalcing a bathroom faucet and the new one came with a replacement drain pipe. How do get the old drain pipe out of the sink? Thanks for you help Steve

Replace toilet drain with washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about taking a toilet drain and turning it into a drain for a washing machine.

Cap on 4" toilet drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of finishing my basement. The house already had a toilet and sink roughed in and I hired a plumbing contractor to install a shower drain by tying into the existing drain. No problems, I have finished building my walls, tile work, set the shower pan, etc. I am now ready...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search