Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mand9803 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 07:56 PM
    Skid mark - dark to light or light to dark
    Hi,

Could anyone answer my following question?

When I use a hard break to stop my car, a skid mark appears in the street. Then the skid mark should appear light at the beginning then darker at the end or dark at the beginning then lighter at the end.

Thank you.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

May 3, 2011, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mand9803 View Post
    Hi,

Could anyone answer my following question?

When I use a hard break to stop my car, a skid mark appears in the street. Then the skid mark should appear light at the beginning then darker at the end or dark at the beginning then lighter at the end.

Thank you.
    My guess is dark at the end. This is because friction would build up through the length of the skid. Heat would make the rubber softer, thus causing it to break down rapidly.

Next time I'm out driving along Airport Road I will let you know the results.

Tut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want light reddish brown. The light reddis brown turns out too dark. What can I'm [ 1 Answers ]

I want light reddish borwn. When I use the over the counter light redissh brown it turns out too dark. What can I mix to achieve a light reddish brown. My hair is colored now and is a med brown

Dark to light dark [ 3 Answers ]

I am naturally a redhead but bleached my hair over a number of years and tired of it so decided to put a permanent redish brown on which I like but seems abit harsh. I just want to lighten it a few shades but when I do test strands nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Dark blonde/light brown to dark brown hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! My hair color is dark blond or a really light brown.. I-m not sure and I want to dye it dark brown? Is it safe? Or will I be getting a reddish color after a few washes? My natural hair is light brown but I dyed it.. a medium chocolate the stylist said but it really turned out to be a blondish...

From Dark Blonde to Dark Brown back to Light Brown [ 1 Answers ]

I recently lightened my already color-treated brown hair to a dark blonde color. I decided it looked unnatural and decided to dye it back brown. I picked up a light brown dye from the local beauty supply store and it came out way darker than I wanted or expected with a hint of green, and now I...

View more questions Search