Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Latisha3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 08:54 AM
    Contact Lens caused infection
    Can I sue the contact lens company, cause my son got a bad eye infection from his new contact, when the infection heal. He will still have a little vision loss, leaving his vision blurred he is in High school play football, he cannot wear contact no more.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 3, 2011, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Latisha3 View Post
    Can I sue the contact lens company, cause my son got a bad eye infection from his new contact, when the infection heal. He will still have a lil vision loss, leaving his vision blurred he is in High school play football, he cannot wear contact no more.
    Please start a new thread instead of tacking your question onto another thread which you think has similar issues. {Mod Note: Moved}

It would depend on whether he can prove that he followed the instructions carefully enough. I suspect that the company will claim that he didn't.

What does the fact that he plays football have to do with it?

May 3, 2011, 09:20 AM
    The fact is that, he can't see with out his glasses, I don't know how he is going to place a helmet on his head with glasses on. He is 15 yrs. Any way he have wear contact since 2008. His rx exp he had to get a new rx for 1800 contact, I took him to Walmart to get a eyes exam for contact. His old brand don't never do his eyes like that. That is the fact.
    Expert

May 3, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Latisha3 View Post
    ... His old brand don't never do his eyes like that. That is the fact.
    You evidently have been told by an eye doctor that he can never wear contacts again. Did the doctor explain how the eye infection happened?

Did he read, understand, and follow the instructions for wearing and cleaning the new contacts? How can you be sure?

May 3, 2011, 11:45 AM
    Yes his eye states he cannot wear contact no more. And yes the dr who rx him the new contact told him everything. We inform him that he have been taking out his old contact sometime to let his eyes rest . Md inform me and him that he don't have to do that. And my son take out his contact every night before he go to bed. The dr inform us to place the contact and the solution and the case in the refub
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2011, 11:47 AM

I wore lenses for years and years. The warnings alone would frighten the average person away from the lenses.

My guess would be that he did not handle the lenses properly, wore them too long, used bad solution, was generally careless. My feeling is that he wanted to play football, couldn't play without lenses, did nothing when the lens began to irritate him, the problem escalated.

The burden of proof is yours. What would be the basis of your claim? You can't just say, "The lenses did this." You need to do your research on that brand and type, find out what the problems are/were, find out of he was not a good candidate for that particular brand.

I certainly had friends who developed eye infections or scratched their eyes or over wore their lenses but nothing this serous, to this extent.

I don't understand why the name of the store is important unless there are other cases involving the same supplier.

You, of course, can always contact an Attorney and see if he/she is willing to represent you in a lawsuit. Keep in mind that it will NOT be an inexpensive venture.
    Expert

May 3, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    My guess would be that he did not handle the lenses properly, wore them too long, used bad solution, was generally careless. My feeling is that he wanted to play football, couldn't play without lenses, did nothing when the lens began to irritate him, the problem escalated.
    And that is what the judge or jury is likely to guess too, unless you and your son can convince them otherwise. I doubt you will be able to do that, so your chances of finding an attorney to take this case on a contingent fee arrangement (in other words, an agreement with the attorney that you would only pay him if you recover a money judgment from the plaintiff) are not good, in my opinion.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2011, 02:04 PM

I notice that the thickness of the lens is mentioned in another thread by OP. Does this mean son went from daily wear to monthly wear, weekly wear, something else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do contact lens last? [ 11 Answers ]

This may sound dumb but I would like to buy some custom contact lens but the thing is if I only wear them here and there how long can they last and where can I get them for a good price? Thank you

Contact Lens [ 3 Answers ]

I got long fingernails and want to keep it. Lately I noticed that my vision starts to get blurry and need to wear contacts soon. I heard it's difficult to put it on if you're first time user. Can I keep my long fingernails or should I just cut it for now? Any tips for wearing contact lens is very...

Contact lens [ 4 Answers ]

Hi a friend of mine wears contacts.. but he puts 2 in his eyes... because he has bad eye sight and he wants to wear color contacts but color is only available in certain prescriptions... so what he does is put the color contacts over his clear ones... he said it doesn't hurt his eyes and it feel...

Can I sue contact lens company? [ 6 Answers ]

I was driving home around 11pm and my car was freezing cold. I turned the ehat on full to warm my car and keep it warm for the 15 min drive back to my house, about half way home the heater of my car dryed my contacts out in a matter of seconds causing my attentiuon to be taken off the raod because...

View more questions Search